Girl talk

Posted: March 31, 2011 in Uncategorized

Warnings

Posted: March 28, 2011 in Uncategorized
Tags:
[03:29] Angelilna: Barely nodding, she's otherwise still until he's out of the room

[03:30] Samael: He's in the shower for a fairly long time, especially for him.  Unless Amy's in there with him, Stefan is about efficiency.  Most showers take less than ten minutes when he takes one alone.  This one is still going after thirty-five.]] 

[Amunet] She makes her way into the bathroom after the half hour mark, door opened then closed behind her as she leans against it. 

[Stefan Knezevic] His back is to the door when she comes in.  He is more or less standing there motionlessly, eyes shut and head bowed as the water from the shower flows over him.  The expression could be considered almost meditative, though there is more tension to his frame than meditation would imply.  It would be more apt to say simply that he is centering himself, using the water as a tool to do so. 

[Amunet] "What are you doing?"   Her voice is quiet, barely enough to float above the sounds of the water. 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I am..."  The words falter, and for once Amy seems to have caught him unaware.  He is surprised that she is standing there, lost for words for a moment before he finishes, lamely, "...trying to think." 

[Amunet] "Would you like me to leave you alone?"   She watches him, memorizing details. 

[Stefan Knezevic] He's silent a moment, while he wavers.  "...No," comes the answer finally, and he looks over his shoulder at her.  His brow is furrowed, uncertain about something. 

[Amunet] Her back is against the door, arms crossed and pinned behind her as she leans against them.  Head down a bit, her eyes are on the floor rather than on him. 

[Stefan Knezevic] The water's turned cold by now, although he only just now seems to have noticed.  With a shiver, he reaches out and turns the handle, killing the flow.  He makes no move to get out of the shower for a moment, and then slips out onto the tile floor, dripping.

"What did I do incorrectly?" 

[Amunet] "Nothing."   Pushing off the door, she gets his towel and steps close to wrap it around him.   "You've been perfect, Stefan.  Don't blame yourself for what I'm doing." 

[Stefan Knezevic] He shakes his head, not showing a lot of reaction when the towel closes around him.  He's not comatose or anything, he just seems to be focused on figuring out this mystery.

"There must be something.  I cannot believe that I have done everything right and we are where we are." 

[Amunet] "Nothing is different."   There's a tone of desperation that creeps into her voice.   "I'm sorry.  I won't do it again.  I promise." 

[Stefan Knezevic] [[Per+Subt: Does She mean it?]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Stefan Knezevic] "What did you mean about me being misled?" 

[Amunet] She's quiet, fingers wrapping wound his arm.  "Come lie down.  Please?" 

[Stefan Knezevic] He doesn't move for the moment.  "Please answer me, Amunet." 

[Amunet] "Nothing.  I didn't mean it.  I want this to be different."    She tugs gently, voice pleading now.   "Come lie down" 

[Stefan Knezevic] "It is different."  He takes the ends of the towel from her now, using it to slowly dry off.  "You and I are different." 

[Amunet] She steps back, arms crossed around her middle.   "I shouldn't have said that." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "And I, perhaps, should not have tried to cleanse you of the drug." 

[Amunet] "You were trying to help.   You're right.  We had an agreement." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "Now you are just saying things that you think I want you to say." 

[Amunet] "No.  I don't know."   She tugs at his arm, then lets it go.   "I'm sorry" 

[Stefan Knezevic] He finishes drying and then looks at her. His brow is creased, his posture uncertain.  "I do not understand what has happened within the past twenty-four hours, Amunet.  I...require your help to allow me to understand it." 

[Amunet] Her lips press together, eyes flickering away.   The door opens, and she goes to the bed to lie down. 

[Stefan Knezevic] He frowns, his hands clenching in frustration.  A breath, to center himself, and he moves to follow her and slip underneath the covers.  His eyes remain on her expectantly, looking for answers. 

[Amunet] "I told Hunter not to contact me again."   She winds an arm across his chest, chin resting on his shoulder. 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I see."  He slips an arm around her, watching her.  It is easier for him to stay calm in this position, somehow.  "Why is that?" 

[Amunet] "Because I love you.  Because I don't want to hurt you" 

[Stefan Knezevic] "Do you believe it is impossible for you to remain simply friends without anything more happening between you?" 

[Amunet] "It isn't just that.   We're toxic together.   He keeps me Amy." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "Ahh."  He nods, and then leans down to kiss her scalp.  "Perhaps it is for the best, then.  As undesired as it might be by all." 

[Amunet] "Amy would have slept with him again." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "You are not her, though."  His head cocks to the side, watching her.  "You fear losing yourself to her, but she is only part of you.  You are in control as long as you allow yourself to be." 

[Amunet] "It's the other way around, though.   This person that I want to be with you.."   Her head shakes, and she kisses his shoulder.  "What did you do to me?" 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I do not know.  Though I am glad that I did."  He smiles a bit.  "Complete that sentence for me.  The person that you want to be with me...what?" 

[Amunet] "She's very different, from the person that I've always believed myself to be.  You know me, Stefan.  I'm rash and impulsive.  I don't stand in front of the Grand Elder and make my case rationally." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "What do you think of that person?" 

[Amunet] "I think she's the person that you want to be mated to." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I did not ask what you thought that I felt about her.  What do you think about her?" 

[Amunet] "I want to be her." 

[Stefan Knezevic] He leans down again, this time nuzzling her ear. "I seem to sense a 'however' in there." 

[Amunet] "She's the opposite of everything I've been for so long."   Her eyes close, fingers playing in his hair. 

[Stefan Knezevic] "You cannot expect such a change to happen overnight, my dear."  He smiles at the touch of her fingers in his hair.  "Nor can I.  I also do not wish you to lose those parts of you that make you who you are.  The difference between Amy and Amunet is not so disparate that you need to become someone completely new."

He's quiet a moment.  "I will have patience with you, if you will have the same with me.  I will not abuse your trust if you do not abuse mine." 

[Amunet] "I haven't.   Maybe you don't realize how significant that is, but I do.   I had the opportunity to cheat on you twice today, but no desire to." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I know how significant it is, my dear.  And I appreciate both that you did not and that you informed me about it."  He smiles, briefly.  

"I also know that your tendency is to...hold the cards close to your chest, as the saying goes.  It is difficult for you to let others into what you are thinking.  My tendency is to...distrust that.  Perhaps because I maintain a certain image to the outside world myself.  I wish to be forthright with you about myself, even though that is difficult.  I have to trust that you will not reject me as...flawed in that respect.  And you have not.  I will not reject you either." 

[Amunet] "I <i>love </i>you, Stefan."  She sighs.   "It's impossible to reject someone you love" 

[Stefan Knezevic] "My thoughts exactly."  He smiles, more sincerely this time.  "I love you as well.  I do not want you to be afraid that anything you say will cause me to reject you or turn you away." 

[Amunet] "Just don't leave.   Promise you won't leave." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I will not."  He squeezes his arm around her.  "You cannot get rid of me that easily." 

[Amunet] She giggles, nuzzling his neck.  "I don't want to be rid of you.   I tried that.  It didn't take." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I have been told that I grow on people."  He grins a little bit.  "Something like a creeping mold." 

[Amunet] "Mmmm... so I'm not so much in love as infected?" 

[Stefan Knezevic] He chuckles.  "Well, I would not say that I have given you the flu." 

[Amunet] "I do feel delirious with you a good part of the time." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "I believe we can get you some medication if you would like." 

[Amunet] "No.  I don't mind feeling like this." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "Mmm."  He leans down to kiss her.  "I am glad to hear it." 

[Amunet] She kisses him back, more clear headed now.   "I'm glad you were still here." 

[Stefan Knezevic] "There is nowhere else I would choose to be." 

[Amunet] "I don't know what would have happened to me if you weren't there."   She does, though.  Her lips brush his jaw, and she settles in more 

[Stefan Knezevic] "There's no need to worry about what would have happened.  I was here."  He smiles, eyes half-setting shut.  Then he pauses.

"The hot water may not come back for a bit, by the way.  I apologize." 

[Amunet] "It's not the same as the hotel, is it?" 

[Stefan Knezevic] "No, not at all.  They have a much larger hot water reservoir."  He grins, his tone teasing.

Amy gets called out

Posted: March 27, 2011 in Uncategorized
[Balance Without Fault] As soon as Balance lays eyes on August's baby, he beckons Jenny over.  The Fianna kinswoman bends as the Grand Elder lifts his chin, speaking directly to her ear.  After a moment she nods, walks across the floor, and offers August an apologetic smile.

"Miss, the Grand Elder wanted me to take your baby upstairs for a few hours.  There's a lotta Rage in here and we don't want your little one havin' nightmares.  I'll leave her with Reuben; she'll be in good hands." 

[Izzy Montoya] Unsurprisingly, it's the goddamn Brotherhood Of motherfucking Thieves where they decide to have this little powwow. Izzy can count the number of times she's willingly set foot in this establishment since her imprisonment here on one hand. Hell, on two fingers if she counts this time, though it's not exactly willingness that has her here. It might be considered curiosity, but more likely it's a simple thing:

Kora asked. Izzy came.

It says something, that. She's a respect for The Jarl, (Not <i>her[i] jarl, [i]the</i> jarl. A minute difference that means something to Izzy alone), for the Last Watch. She's dressed as she always is - business casual, with her weapon a bulge at the small of her back under her blazer, her hair down, her expression... well. Expressionless, other than a slight jump of the muscle at the hinge of her jaw, where she clenches her teeth together briefly, sets her jaw, lifts her chin and enters.

And gets a drink. No way is she sitting through this stone cold sober. No fucking way. 

[Hunter] Hunter Matthews stalks through the door with his pack-mate and a certain bone-gnawer kin while everyone is still milling around. Seats are taken, Hunter remains silent. 

[Balance Without Fault] [folks, it was pointed out to me that kieran was the only uktena in town, and ergo the default uktena alpha.  if anyone has him in AIM, call him back in!] 

[Gina McClaren] *Gina'd come home late, but that hadn't stopped the pikey from being in the kitchen and underfoot since early morning.  The more time she spent at  Jenny's elbow, the more likely it was the saintly blonde would let slip the secrets to her cranberry oat-muffins.  As folks file in the Strider pickpocket finally emerges from the kitchen, long hair bound in a messy loop off her neck, floury hand marks on the dull black of her skirt, tank top askew, a smudge of icing sugar across a caramel shoulder.  She hops up on a stool near the back, as far removed from those of her tribe as she can get.  God knew her voice would carry if she had anything to say in earnest. Those she knows get nods of recognition, and a worn smile.* 

[Carter Roth] Carter is present, but he remains close to the exit his hands deep within his pockets and his eyes wary and mistrustful, he didnt know what this was all about and he didnt like it one bit.

But he was here, as a test of himself and a test of the garou, to see what they were up to. He couldn't very well pass up that now could he.

[Carter is here, but I may not be going to be on and off] 

[Rosie] The <i>certain Bone Gnawer kinfolk</i> finds a seat near or by or somewhere in the vicinity of Hunter. She sits: quiet and unobtrusive. 

[Amunet Knezevic] Amunet made her way in quietly, several minutes before the meeting was to start.  She's in her own jacket, and the iPad has been left at the condo.   She remembers very few times in her life when she has been this nervous.  When so much has been riding on a single night.  

Moving to the far side of the room, she finds a spot where she can watch the comings and goings, back against the wall to protect herself from surprises.   Her eyes flicker around the room as it populates, but the only one they rest on more than a second or two is her sister. 

[Holden] A grizzly bearded Fenrir takes a seat out of the way, he doesn't suppose he will have much to say so the distance does him well. 

[August Grant] Oh good! Someone to watch the baby! August likes Jenny - afterall, they spent a lot of time hanging out in the kitchen when August lived here.. 

The young woman gives Jenny a smile. "Of course.. I didn't have anyone else to watch her.. Thank you. Tell Reuben she might be hungry.." Ella gets a kiss on the side of her head and the baby is lifted from her arms and offered out to the kin.. a moment later, the diaper bag is also offered out. 

[Starla Navarro] There is a painted Unicorn that has joined the others, Starla following on Rain's heels easily, ducking her head down as she finds a seat next to her tribe mate. Dark head lifting to look around, skirting her eyes across the room at the faces that were familiar and not; the freckles dance across the bridge of her nose and her left cheek. She tucks her hands in her lap, leaning to the side to nudge Rain's shoulder with her own. 

[Kyle] (Not going to post for Kyle unless he has something to say or someone asks him questions  other wise he's just doing his usual watch and listen routine :) ) 

[Bridget Geroux] The Canadian Fianna kinfolk finds herself at this gathering in her usual state of confusion. She doesn't look quite like she knows what's going on. However, she doesn't appear to be under the influence of anything. She wears a simple black maxi dress, gathered at the waist by a beat-up leather belt, a hunter green jacket covering her bare shoulders, and of course her combat boots.

Bridget finds a place to sit where she can stretch her legs: she knows she'll probably want to fidget if the Rage gets a bit much. She also wisely follows Izzy's lead by getting herself a small glass of whiskey. She returns and smiles at the few here she recognizes and is on good terms with: Hunter, Gina, Kyle, Sarita. The Fianna kinswoman does her best to control the feral urges to move around while surrounded by so much Rage. 

[Kora] A cool spring evening; spring already, light lingering in the west far longer than she had remembered.   The heavily pregnant Fenrir - eight months, perhaps more? - pushes past the private party signs, into the familiar restaurant interior.  Her hair is twisted into a loose braid, strands pulled free by the wind.  Kora is slower than she was; careful of her body.  She walks with her shoulders pulled further back to balance the weight of her stomach.   Which is all the more evident when she strips off her winter coat and sets it aside on a coat tree, wrapping a hand-knitted scarf around it in a winding pattern.  

She finds her way among her kin, but does not take a seat.  Instead, she remains standing at their back, her feet shoulder-width apart, her arms crossed - below her breasts, above the swell of her stomach.  There is an expectant tension in her spine and shoulders, and a firm set to her jaw. 

[Derek Anderson] Derek came in, dressed in pants and sweater, his kind blue eyes looking around. He bowed respectfully to Balance Without Fault, did the same for Lukas and walked around, greeting those he knew a little with a nod: Hunter, Amunet, Gina, Matthieu and Jackson when the last two arrive.

He nodded and smiled slightly at Sarita when he see her. Izzy received a grin when he pass her by "Hello Detective"

His attention then was on August and Rain, offering htem a warm smile and walking to them "Good evening ladies, I hope you're doing well" 

[Danicka Musil] [I'm totally making Damon post Danicka in with Lukas. I'm in the middle of eating. :p ] 

[Wyrmbreaker] Punctual, Lukas arrives moments before Balance lays down the protocol for the meeting.  And not in his own car but in Danicka's, riding shotgun while scarfing down the last of whatever dinner they went out to.  Looks like lamb-stuffed cabbage.

Getting out, anyone looking out the windows can see him stepping out of her car, buttoning his overcoat against the wind.  He moves ahead to get the door; she laughs, running a few steps after him, which makes him turn around, which gives her the opportunity to lean up and wipe a dab of tomato-based sauce from his cheek.  And kiss him.

Public displays of affection out of his system, Wyrmbreaker is somber and dignified, walking in the door.  He sees that his wingback chair is taken, the other cleared away.  He goes to sit by the bar instead, where Danny hovers with a nervous grin.

"No drinks here tonight, Mr. Wyrmbreaker.  Grand Elder says all the food and alcoholic drink is to be served in the kitchen.  Nothing but ice water here."

Lukas huffs a laugh under his breath.  "Not a problem, Danny."  He takes a seat on a barstool, shifting one a little closer for Danicka. 

[Matthieu] Matthieu arrives on time, even a little early. Ever the peacock the lovely Silver Fang arrives just in time to display the finely crafted suit that he has doubtless poured six months of your average man's salary into getting each and every thread just right. His entrance was as much a display of his tribes divine right as it was a display of his own natural beauty. Not only was he the representative of his Auspice on the council now but he also stood as Alpha of Harrier's grace. He was a living representative not only of his tribe but his house as well. Ever regal and dignified. His skin was smooth and pale and his hair looked as if it had been kissed by the golden rays of the sun itself. Falcon's child carried with him the legacy of a house, and the history and hopes of an entire nation.

He listened to Balances without Fault and nods in agreement with the rules. He was here to listen, and to speak when it was needed. Tradition would be the focus of his reasons for being here. Support of tradition and remembrance of ancient ways. His blood ran hot with the memories of a past tens of thousands of years old. A creature of the modern world and yet still firmly grounded in the wisdom of eras ling since passed.

He keeps his eyes forward most of the time. However, when he is finally seated his eyes do drift somewhere to the back. His eyes drawing in to focus on the Strider kin hiding in the back. Pausing to give his own acknowledgement of her presence. His eyes take the time to wander, perhaps linger, and the act brings a slight smile to his lips a smile which might or might not be shared by the both of them. None the less... His eyes were hard pressed to pull themselves away, and in fact he didn't see any reason to draw them away until the meeting officially started. 

[Joey] Joey enters with Hunter and his kinswoman, but once they're through the door departs their company to sit closer to the rest of the auspice council. A smile is offered to those she recognizes, dim compared to what it used to be, an upward nod to Balance Without Fault, and Lukas.

Once she's settled, she seeks out Hunter, meets his gaze, and grins. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He looks a little bit intimidated, all things considered, as he walks into the meeting.  He finds a place to sit.  His shirt is a lovely shade of light purple; his jeans are black.  His flip-flops, a lovely shade of maroon.  Lukas' words make his head swivel, and his eyes widen.  Food?  No... ice water.  He slumps slightly, disappointed, as he waits for everything to begin.* 

[Balance Without Fault] [Sorry for the confusion - "no drinks here tonight" was spoken by Danny, bartender kid NPC kin!  I'll try to keep all my NPCing in this name.] 

[Delilah Marciano] Back of the room, quiet as a dormouse; the Glass Walker makes an appearance. Dark hair gathered up from her shoulders, she sits alone at one of the tables in the back of the room, whichever was closest to the front. The phone in her hand muted as she set it on the table, dressed in dark charcoal pantsuit with red pinstripe. Silvery gaze focused on those around her. 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ahh hell.  *smacks forehead* My bad.)) 

[Balance Without Fault] When everyone has settled, Balance Without Fault picks up the magic eightball and speaks again.

"Okay, let's come to order.  Some of you might be wondering why this meeting was called.  The reason is simple: over the last month, there have been more rumors and murmurs of kin discontent than in the past five years.  Furthermore, there's been a troubling trend toward Kin thinking of themselves as separate and distinct from the Garou when we are all part of the same Nation.  I wanted to dispel the rumors, clear the air, set a basic infrastructure down, and move on from tonight as a re-unified force.

"With that in mind, let's hear from the kin first.  What <i>exactly</i> are your concerns or complaints at the moment?"

He tosses the eightball toward the first kin to call for it. 

[Adamidas] Adam slips in and, for the time being, keeps her mouth shut. She doesn't draw attention to herself, or the fact that she left the bathroom with a <i>pop</i> and keeps herself quietly nestled in. 

[Balance Without Fault] [For latecomers who missed it, this was BwF's protocol post --

"Welcome, everyone. Thanks for coming. Here are the rules tonight: one speaker at a time. He or she who holds the magic eight ball," and he holds this aloft, "speaks. No one else.

"Keep a respectful tone, particularly to those of greater rank. For those of equal rank, the Auspice Council holds precedence over the Tribal Alphas. For kin, those with renown hold precedence over those without.

"In case of dispute, we will not go to challenges because of the mixed crowd. A Philodox will be called upon to mediate. If mediation fails, I am the final arbiter.

"Anyone violating these rules once will be given one warning, and one only. After that, you're out of the meeting, and your viewpoint will be disregarded. The staff has kindly set up refreshments in the kitchen. If you feel yourself getting hot under the collar, go get a drink and come back when you're calmer."] 

[Amunet Knezevic] [Dibs, unless anyone is going to claim it?] 

[Balance Without Fault] [whoever types fastest, man.] 

[Balance Without Fault] [and on that note, since we're a scene of twenty-seven right now -- let's try to keep posts short and snappy.  i know i'm one of the chief offenders here, but i'm really going to try to keep responses to 

[Joey] [yeah that's pretty short!] 

[Amunet Knezevic] "Balance Without Fault Rhya."   Deep breath, Ames.   "My name is Amunet Knezevic.   I am that one that placed the notice on the board, and the one who has been organizing the willing kinfolk.  I believe that this in part may be the cause of the perception of discontent.  I would like to clear up any confusion, as our intentions may not be as clear as they should be." 

[Balance Without Fault] [okay, i changed my mind -- go ahead and call dibs if you have a longer post to type so you don't lose your chance.  but i'm gonna say you have 10 min from the time you call dibs to get it out, just to keep things moving!]

Balance nods.  "Let's hear it." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[She says she's almost done, it's a biggie!]] 

[Danicka Musil] The Happy Couple -- and frankly, they are, however smirkingly saccharine the nomenclature -- comes in together, but they leave their more obvious public displays of affection at the door.  Danicka is wearing a knee-length gray skirt and knee-high black heels, beneath which are a pair of stockings that extend a little higher than the boots themselves.  Her peacoat is doffed when she comes in, hung over the back of a chair no one is using that's been shoved over by the bar.  Underneath is a casual, gauze-thin sweater of seafoam green, laid atop the hint of a camisole.  There's a white applique in some abstract pattern to one side of chest of the sweater, but all of this is just [window] dressing.

Danicka Musil is not the most renowned Kinswoman in Chicago.  Not by far.  But she is the most renowned Kinfolk <i>here</i>.  The Garou, if they ever mention her to each other, if the spirits ever talk about her, don't talk much about how many fomori she's killed or that one time she shot a zombie or so forth.  She's known to be brave, to be a Good Kinswoman.  Mostly, she's known to be wise.  Granted, when she comes up, it's hardly even by name.  Garou call her Wyrmbreaker-rhya's mate.  And they say that Wyrmbreaker-rhya's mate is clever, isn't she?  Oh yes, I've heard she's a bit of a bright one.

It's childish.  It's condescending.  But that she is known to be anything at all beyond the mate of an Adren who has not yet given him a child, and that her reputation is solid as a Good Kin is impressive at all.  She can't cast rites, she can't learn gifts.  She can just be... a clever little thing.  Good job, Wyrmbreaker.  Now stop dicking around and knock her up.

When the magic 8-ball is first offered to the kin, it's Amunet -- rightly so -- who reaches for it.  Danicka, perhaps there just as a show of support for her comrades, perhaps just because she's supposed to be there and she's obedient, turns her eyes towards the Strider she met with last night, her murky green eyes interested.  Thoughtful. 

[Amunet Knezevic] "My intention is to gather the interested kinfolk in a network that will help the Trueborn, not work against them.  Among the first concerns that are being addressed are training and information."

Her eyes flicker to Sarita, then back to Balance.   "It is necessary for us to be able to contact one another easily, not only in emergencies but in everyday circumstances where one of us may need another's expertise.   One of the first projects will be a listing of the kin and their contact information.  This will be heavily guarded, not because I don't want the information to be accessible but because I understand the danger of this type of thing getting into the wrong hands.   Cordelia and Jackson have volunteered to begin this process, and to make sure that the information is secure."

Our second focus is going to be self defense training.   We are human, at the end of the day.   We can't count on the Trueborn to be our protectors when they have a war to fight.   Carter has extensive self defense training, and he has offered to run a boot camp of sorts for those who are interested.    As with everything that we are working toward, it will be voluntary.   I don't want to force any kin to join us, or accept any sort of training except for the third focus."

She stops for breath.  "I would like to see every kin trained in basic first aid.   This accomplishes two purposes.  Should any of us be injured, there will likely be someone close by to help.   Again, we are human.  We don't heal ourselves, and we are out in the world.   The dangers that we face come not only from our enemies, but from the people that we are surrounded with every day.  

I've seen an amazing number of Trueborn that are more than willing to step up and heal a kin that is injured.  This is honorable, but wasteful.  Again, we are at war.   We could be attacked at any time, and should that happen, which of the kin would be responsible for sapping a Trueborn's gnosis by being healed out of panic or unnecessarily.    Prepared kin are kin that are not a drain on the Nation's resources."

Her fingers run in her hair nervously, and she licks her bottom lip before continuing.  "I've been in a Sept that was attacked.   I have a clearer understanding of what happens than some of the kin do.   I watched kin die, because no one was able to triage them.   I watched kin die, because they had all become complacent and lazy and spoiled by well meaning Trueborn.    I have friends here.  I don't want to see the same thing happen again.  That is why I've made this move.  That is why these three goals are my first" 

[Balance Without Fault] "That's all well and good," Balance replies as the eightball comes back to him, "and I'm glad to hear you're trying to organize the kin.  See to it that the Warder has a list of these kin and contacts as well.  Areas of specialization, too, if possible.  We had something like that for a while, but the parties responsible for its maintenance drifted off.

"Regarding self defense and basic first aid -- that sounds like a wise investment.  We've got a few kin who are accomplished physicians.  You might want to get their input.  As for self defense, Imogen Slaughter's known to be a crack shot.  Izzy Montoya and Derek Anderson are both with the police; surely they know how to handle a gun as well.  You might want to seek their services as well.

"But all that aside -- Amunet, you've told me everything that's working.  Or that you want to be working, at least.  I'm asking why I keep hearing murmurs of discontent." 

[Amunet Knezevic] "Some of the kin that have shown interest are not content, Rhya.   Trueborn have become accustomed to dictating to us, and the kin have become accustomed to allowing it.  Not only here, but other places where several of the new kin have come from, bringing their biases with them.   This has bred discontent.   I am in no way suggesting that we should be treated as equals.  The fact is that we are not.   I would suggest though that we are kept informed, so that when decisions are made and passed down, they do not seem arbitrary and dictatorial.   Your kin are willing to work together with the Trueborn, Rhya.   We just need a path to follow." 

[Balance Without Fault] Balance Without Fault considers Amunet a moment.  Then he sweeps a glance around the room.

"I don't want to put you under a microscope this early in the night, Amunet."  Maybe that's a joke.  The half-smile says it is.  He raises his voice, "Let's hear from someone other than Amunet.  Kinfolk of Maelstrom, this might be one of the few or only times in your life that the Elder Council and the Tribal Alphas of an entire Sept are gathered, silent, with open ears -- waiting to hear from <i>you.</i>

"If you've got issues, bring them forward." 

[Jackson Montgomery] [[DIBS!]] 

[Izzy Montoya] She hadn't intended to talk. In fact, she hadn't intended to make a sound at all, but at that, she snorts. Audibly. But that is all, as she starts the ritual search through her pockets for her cigarettes and lighter. she finds both - but doesn't put them to use other than to keep her hands busy. 

After all - smoking inside is against the law. 

[Jackson Montgomery] He stands, perhaps unexpectedly, and goes to claim the magic 8-Ball.  "I think, if I can speak to this, that a lot of the reported discontent is simple due to the fact that some of the initial ideas being brainstormed are coming out and they aren't even formalized yet.  And some Garou have been volunteering their involvement...which is great.  There's been an impression that this is quickly becoming Garou vs. kinfolk, and that's not the case.

"The thing is, when a lot of Garou get heavily involved in this, even in the planning stage, it belies the fact that it goes right back to the idea that the kinfolk are relying on the Garou instead of standing on their own.  I've been talking a lot with Amunet about this, and we've come up with some good ideas.  And at no point are we trying to push this into two separate factions.  But the old saying goes, too many cooks spoil the soup, and there are a lot of kinfolk even as it is with very different viewpoints.  We absolutely plan to make this a thing where we're all involved in the same mission, but we need an actual plan in place for what we're doing before we start implementing that and integrating it with the Garou side." 

[Balance Without Fault] Balance Without Fault's eyes swing immediately to Izzy.  When he gets the eightball back, he tosses it toward her.

"You sounded like you wanted to be heard, Izzy.  Let's hear it." 

[August Grant] August shifted in her chair. It was slightly uncomfortable for her to sit in the same position for too long these days. A slender hand rubbed at the side of her belly - perhaps where a persistent foot was intent on kicking her. She didn't say anything. 

No matter the extent of her past issues with this Sept.. in her mind, all were resolved as well as they could be at the moment. And, given that her cheating, lying, deadbeat, no good, s-o-b of a former mate had fled, she was a happy camper. Her gaze did shift to her tribesmate as he stood, however. 

[Nash] Oh crap when did he get here.

Nash, who most here don't recognize but for the breeding that pegs him as one of Fenris's Kin, slips in quietly as Amy is discussing her desire to see Kinfolk trained in first aid.  He works his way around the room to stand near Kora and tries to get his happy ass caught up while his player does paperwork. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He watches, back and forth.  From Amy, to Jackson, and then to Izzy.  Waiting, really, curious about all of this.* 

[Izzy Montoya] She arches a brow, ups both her cigarettes and lighter into one hand and still catches the 8ball with a negligent ease. There are some things that become inherrant when one works in a male dominated workplace - like catching random objects being thrown at her.

She waits a moment, then two. She doesn't look to Kora for permission as some might. She looks to no one - which is not unexpected from anyone that knows her in anyway at all. She is, and always will be, her own person. He wants to hear it. So he does.

"It's bullshit. You sit there and say you want to hear, you want to fuckin' listen, and it's all fuckin' bullshit. Not a one of you give two shits about what we do or don't do, unless it directly involves you. Not a one gives two shits about what we might have to do for you in our jobs, what we might have to compromise in order to save your fuckin' asses in a world you think you're above - even while declaring you want to fuckin' save it. Not a one of you.. not even Kora, whom I've grown to respect, did shit all when I was beat by one of you, imprisoned here of all fuckin' places, and sent to work with injuries so severe that half my department wanted to come after whoever had fucked me up with guns blazing. Not a one of you gives two fuckin' shits - and this is all a fuckin' sham."

He hears it. Both barrels. 

She points at Amy. "That bitch has been lookin to get her goose cooked since she got here. And the latest scheme? Good god. she's gonna get us all fuckin' killed. And likely not by the enemy.  Discontent." she snorts again. "I won't fuckin talk for anyone else - and don't you dare speak for me either, I can get my ass beat all by myself - it doesn't matter what you say here. In the end - you all will do what you want, and I'll do my fuckin job just as I always have, and do a goddamn good job of it. I'll cover my ass, your ass, everyone's ass who I can manage to cover - but don't expect me to believe that - for one fuckin second - you give a good goddamn what happens in the world we have to travel through every goddamn day. You don't. You haven't yet - and one night won't make it so."

To her credit though - not once does she raise her voice. If anything.. she sounds... tired. 

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs!] 

[Balance Without Fault] "Keep your tone respectful," Balance says evenly.  "That's your only warning."

That's all he says for now.  He lobs the eightball toward Danicka. 

[Gina McClaren] *Restless as Striders were wont to be, Gina hops down from her stool, sashays into the kitchen, and fetches herself a couple of deep-fried wontons filed with hazelnut chocolate and cream cheese. 
She pads back into the room midway through the detective's speech, and settles on her stool once more.  

Izzy finishes up, and Gina's expression darkens a moment.

Then the detective has to use those finely honed reflexes again in short order.  As a pikey whistles sharply then overhand tosses a wonton to the weary Fenris kin.  Whether in agreement or simply in a bid to get her to cram it - only the guttersnipe herself knows.* 

[Nash] Nash claps a few times after Izzy finishes.  Not a purposefully sarcastic Slow Clap, but it is a bit on the slow side anyway.  He seems to be favoring his right wrist.  It lasts a few seconds, and then he stops at the Grand Elder's warning to keep a respectful tone. 

[Hunter] Holden wanders through the room to stand next to Nash and the other Fenrir. He gives a nod to the equally tall man from the north [south] along with a grin of approval. 

[Hunter] [OOPS] 

[Izzy Montoya] She catches the wonton. Easily.

And manages not to point out that she WAS respectful. For her. 

[Danicka Musil] Everyone in the room is free to judge according to their own perspectives what it says about Danicka that when Balance Without Fault lobs the 8-ball at her, she doesn't even try to catch it.  She actually flinches somewhat out of the way, and it's Lukas who snatches the thing out of the air, handing it to her.  Some will call her oblivious that she doesn't seem chagrined or embarrassed as she takes it from him.  She's a slender sort, not remotely athletic from the look of her.

Sometimes Garou hear of what she's done to minions of the Wyrm, see her, say, <i>Her?</i>

Holding the ball in cupped palms, she speaks up for the first time, her tone clear and level.  She addresses Balance Without Fault.  "A lot of what Detective Montoya just said is true.  Amunet, as well.  We aren't... like you," she says, though in a tone that suggests even she realizes how weak that statement is, how far it falls from encompassing the truth.  "No matter how much we care about our families, about the world we live in, or about the war -- and I think all of us <i>do</i> care, though to wildly different degrees and in different ways -- we don't form ourselves naturally into packs.  We are not asked to give everything, a hundred percent, to fighting this war.  For Garou, the war is everything.  Anything else is marginalized, because it has to be.

"For Kinfolk," she goes on, "it's the opposite.  We live our lives.  I go to school, Detective Montoya goes to the precinct, August feeds and diapers her children, Gina dances, we all... have a life.  The war, however important it is to us individually, often comes as an intrusion to the rest of who we are and what we do."

Danicka quiets for a small pause, clears her throat, but doesn't give up the 8-ball.  "Sometimes when we get hurt, Garou come running.  Sometimes they don't.  Sometimes when there's a fight on our doorstep, we have to fight it because there's no way to run fast enough.  Other times we have to give it up as though that's the natural, only course of action."  Another beat, this one for effect more than to breathe.  "The truth of what Detective Montoya says is this: most, if not all Garou, spend the majority of their time focused on things that have nothing to do with us.  We are expected to carry on by ourselves without them, unless they show up.  And if they do show up, usually without warning and sometimes even without need, we are expected to drop everything to obey them.

"-Rhya, all of us have our own prejudices and biases and differing levels of committment -- as well as angst.  All of us <i>care</i>.  But the discontent comes when we are kept to the sides all of the time, then told to shut up and submit the moment a garou ten or twenty years our junior shows up and acts like they're our protector.  I think what Amunet and her alliance are trying to do is to increase our involvement so that at least the marginalization is lessened.  But the discontent is already there.  The frustration.  The affront, frankly."

She stops there.  She could go on.  But she's talked a great deal, and she silences for now. 

[Bridget Geroux] [Dibs] 

[Danicka Musil] [Other times we have to give it up and let the Garou fight for us as though that's the natural, only course of action. GAH!] 

[Kora] Nash comes in; the Skald gives him a side glance.  It lingers a long moment longer than it otherwise might; then her attention is back on the center of the room.  The thin cotton of her extra-long tunic pulls over her shoulders, muscles bunching with a subtle tension, mostly withheld.  Her long braid swings down the dip of her spine.  A faint lift of her chin, watching Holden weave through the room to join the tribe; a brief glance in Gina's direction follows after, before her attention returns to the center of the room, following the movement of the eight-ball to Danicka.  Once, she shifts positions.  Widens her stance, leans further back, relieving some of the unending pressure on her spine.  Uncrosses and recrosses her arms. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget sighs when it comes around her direction, careful to look at the eight ball when she holds it up. "Balance Without Fault Rhya, thank you for putting it in the light that we are all a part of the Nation. My name is Bridget Geroux. I know that every Sept is different, and I don't have any expectations, but the Sept I am from is much smaller. We know each other well, and there is structure. Here, I don't see the unity. I see reluctance, pain, anguish, and I see anger and pride disconnecting us from one another. Kin from kin, kin from tribesmen... and I wouldn't presume to understand what goes on among Garou, but if that same disconnect exists on that level... it worries me."

"And despite the recent bonding efforts to organize the kinfolk, I see a disconnect there as well. It's a great idea, a great application, a wise and honorable action, but even with the application, I notice those same destructive traits. Just last week, I noticed a separation when a well-meaning Garou was not trying to interfere, but possibly trying to bridge gaps between Garou and kinfolk within Amunet's... organization, fellowship. Whatever it will be called. And the way she jealously guards it and some others have just jumped on without gauging the situation seems too much like a Jonestown situation to me."

Bridget takes a breath, exercising great efforts not to swear or fidget. "Maybe this is my own experience, but since I've moved here I have never felt more disconnected to my tribe despite my attempts to bridge gaps. At what point should I just go about my business, despite everything my father taught me? I'm... going to open myself up here and speak as truly as I possibly can, but it hurts me to have such a tentative relationship with the other Fianna."

"This is all perhaps touching on the path Amunet spoke of, but I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone but myself.  I'm not good with a gun or first aid, but I know how to survive in the wilderness with nothing... I know how to work crowds, to work a public social setting. I know I'm not useless, but I feel that way when it comes to the Nation when my offers and talents are dismissed so quickly and without regard to its usefulness. I know how to stand well enough on my own, and I've done as much as I can to contribute... but I feel as if there is no point when I'm told to stay inside, discouraged from doing what I'm good at, and still held at such a distance. It's all too condescending." 

Bridget looks to Izzy now, then sighs. "In a lot of ways, I feel exactly like no one gives a damn whether or not we all rot, what we have to go through or put up with and barely even a hint of recognition, if any of that even matters. I feel like many of us are just a bunch of wild things kept in guilded cages. If you keep any living thing from doing what it's supposed to do, that's not a life worth living. I don't know what else to do but be discontent when I'm expected to stay out of the woods, don't go make music or connections, don't spend so much time out in the world doing what I do. I can follow orders, do what needs to be done, but I'm not a machine." 

[Balance Without Fault] [dibs!] 

[Balance Without Fault] "I want to take a moment to clarify the purpose of this meeting.

"Jackson, I heard you about needing to get the kin coalition in order before plugging it into the grander framework of the Nation.  I agree.  Bridget, Izzy, I've heard from you both that the way things are going in the coalition are not optimal at the moment.  But we're not here to discuss the kinfolk coalition alone.  We should address it more thoroughly, and we will -- in a moment.

"We're not here to discuss how Garou interface with the world, either, Izzy.  We're not here to change the way Garou and kin interact, because that -- as Danicka points out -- has been set for thousands of years.  As you yourself have pointed out, it won't change in a night.

"As much as you may feel downtrodden and unappreciated, realize that every last Garou in this room, on this planet, will die before age thirty.  And they give this sacrifice so that you <i>have</i> a human world to interface in, just as you sacrifice your job and career and human life to support these Garou.  The sacrifice goes both ways.  And while you might not like it, we are in the end Gaia's army.  There is a ranking order, and it is dictated, ultimately, by our renown.

"But I digress.  What we can do, what I want to do here tonight -- specifically, without speaking in broad terms and vagueries -- is to address points of discontent amongst the kin.  I have specific incidents in my mind that I want to discuss, but I want to hear from the kin first.

"If nothing else, no matter how she brought it up -- Izzy has noted some sources of discontent for herself.  For that, I thank you, Detective Montoya.

"She Who Offers Sorrow, your kinfolk has raised an complaint about the way she's been treated in the past.  She says she's been beaten and unfairly imprisoned.  See to her concerns.  If you decide her past punishment was just, then so be it.  If it was unjust, make amends as you best see fit.

"Before we move on to other topics, are there any other specific grievances the kin wish to bring forth?" 

[Rain McKellar] [Dibs, please!] 

[Danicka Musil] Her eyes flick to the Grand Elder when he brings her up, gives at least one interpretation of what she said.  She doesn't ask for the 8-ball again though. 

[Balance Without Fault] [erp.  "will MOST LIKELY die before age thirty."  seeing as how BWF is like... 45.] 

[Carter Roth] [Dibs after Rain] 

[Jackson Montgomery] [["You're all gonna die before 30...except me.  For I am Elite."]] 

[August Grant] {Very short dibs after Rain + Carter} 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita could be accused, often, of not taking things seriously enough.  When your deed name is "Echoes of Laughter," it's a natural course of people's thoughts on how you will react.  She's stayed quiet here, sitting near her Alpha and watching...listening.  She doesn't give anyone a particularly strong reaction when they speak.  Amy gets a slight smile; Izzy a little frown.  The others, she remains even-tempered, thoughtful.

The Strider is doing her best to listen and learn.  She's not even tapping her toe to some sort of tacky dance pop crap. 

[Rain McKellar] The girl who rises to claim the magic eight ball next has nothing in her blood that calls out to her Tribe.  She has no renown among them.  Cloistered as she is with the rest of Unicorn's kin, this gives some suggestion as to her allegiances.  

Catching the eight-ball is only part of the struggle, here.  And before she addresses the Grand Elder, her glance slides sideways to the Fenrir Jarl.  Her shoulders square, and she calms herself a bit.

"Mr. Grand Elder, sir," she begins, and her voice rises easily above the gathering.  Unexpectedly warm. Captivating, it calls attention to her in ways that might surprise them.

"My name is Rain McKellar, and before I was kin to Unicorn's chosen, I was Lost."  She says this plainly.  "The places I have been treated their kinfolk much differently than here, and I appreciate that you have called us together and allowed us to air our concerns.

"I have no complaints about how I have been treated by my Tribe, nor by the pack that I live with.  My Family has been good to me, perhaps better than they should have been by some of what others have said tonight.  If I can help in any way, so that kindness and shelter can be extended to others, please let me know."

Here she swallows and looks down at the eight ball for a moment.

"If I have any complaint it is that, in the intention of being helpful or showing their concern, some True offer up conflicting information.  I am concerned about the thing that is hunting Kinfolk.  I would like to know, plainly put, what best I should do to protect myself and to help your war efforts.  If this has already been communicated to the Tribal and pack Alphas, then I will seek answers with Mr. Roman or Miss Kora."

She walks across the circle to hand back the eight-ball.

"Thank you for your time, sirs and madams."

And then Rain retakes her seat. 

[Wyrmbreaker] [Quick dibs.  And sorry, Lukas is pulling rank to get it for a sec!] 

[Wyrmbreaker] Wyrmbreaker, who has thus far sat quietly except to catch the ball for Danicka, raises his hand after Rain speaks.  The eightball comes his way.

"I can answer that for you, Rain.  The specifics of what kin should be doing is up to each Tribal Alpha.  Obey whatever order they give you.  As a general rule, I'd strongly suggest getting to a place where you're protected by the Garou of your tribe.  If there's no such place available to you, come to the Brotherhood.

"As far as I'm concerned, you can chance it on your own if you really don't want to move.  But I don't suggest it."

Carter's hand is up.  Lukas tosses the eightball his way. 

[Bridget Geroux] Seeing as her concern over being told specifically not to do what it is she does, what she's good at, was basically glossed over, Bridget goes and gets herself something to eat. She needs to gather her thoughts for a second, fidget as she needs to with all the Rage in the room, before the Fianna kin can take her seat again. There's a lot to think over. 

[Carter Roth] Carter had had quite enough at this point. If no one would take up that magic 8 ball and speak the voice of the malcontent then he would. He strode forward taking the eight ball for himself and turned to face the garou who were gathered all powerful, all alpha's or elder's in their right and he held the eight ball in one heavy hand as he spoke.

"I refuse to be ruled by those who will not see me as their equal." He lets those few treasonous words sink in as he looks across the garou, his eyes falling upon kin in equal measure. "In many places, by many of your kind we are treated like Chattel, little more then servants waiting to be used. I will not argue that here I have seen generous activity that would enrage the masters of these places for that you should be praised. But it is not enough." He shakes his head slowly.

"Unlike the detective, who will stand and do her duty even as she knows your disregard for the kin who work tirelessly beneath your gaze. I will not, not without equality." He pauses. "Without it, we are susceptible to every monster of your kind, every garou who believes we ARE nothing but here to serve your whim. Tell me why we should accept our lot as it stands, tell me how it makes sense that such actions continue unabated against those you call your allies, your lovers, your friends. Is an ally told to be silent because you do not like his tone? Do you force a friend to become the mate of another simply because of what lies within their veins?" He lets that settle there, lets it hang, many knew of such instances, quite often they were regular occurances.

He takes another moment to look about. "We are all capable, we are all skilled in our own ways. But we are marginalized, we are shunted aside till we are expected to serve and we will hold our tongues and be greatful for it. I will not." He looks at Balance Without Fault. "You have said yourself that these things will not change, that they have existed for thousands of years, change it, if you hold to any future that means something for all of us...change it. You wished to hear of discontent, there it lies."

Carter lets the 8 ball go then and he takes his place against the wall once more. His gaze even and suspicious as it was when he first stepped forward. 

[Matthieu] [If I can I'd like to call Dibs after umm August!] 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He is waiting, listening to all of the opinions, and he is starting to look a little concerned.* 

[Nash] [Dibs are for the weak!  (I'm sorry!)]

Nash doesn't bother with the eightball.  When he speaks, after Lukas and Carter have gone, he has a heavy Southern drawl.  His voice isn't terribly loud, and like Izzy, he sounds tired.

"Kinda telling, ain't it?" he asks.  "You got two Kin waiting to talk but a Trueborn can just butt on in?" 

[Balance Without Fault] [BWF takes the eightball!] 

[Izzy Montoya] She says nothing more - but she does step to the side and light up that cigarette after all. Someone can call the cops if they've got a problem with it. 

[Amunet Knezevic] "Because we are NOT equal!"   She snaps it, then falls instantly silent again. 

[August Grant] August swallows. Did she really.. really want to go after that? Geezus christ - she was rather surprised when there wasn't fur flying.

Once the magic-8 ball was gently -passed- in her direction, the young woman stood. She cleared her throat just a little, trying to work up the courage to speak in a room full of this many important people. She never quite looked the Elder in the eyes, but.. was looking somewhat towards him, maybe at his feet. {oooh.. where'd you get those shoes?}

"Rhya.. s.. since you wanted to know about the discontent from us.. I figured I should mention mine. My mate, up and left me for another, knowing full well I was already carrying a second child for this nation. His child. He left with me with no one to protect me and my cub. The mere fact that no one at the time thought this a grevious act was insulting. It bred resentment.. and.. until I found allies within my tribe.. " she motioned to those seated near by, "I wasn't at all content. Things have resolved at this point and I am fine with my lot in life. But things like that - ignoring these big giant world tearing apart events - is going to drive a wedge between us."

A brief pause. "That is all.. thank you for your time.." A hand smoothed her sweater over her belly and she again took her seat, passing on the ball. 

[Starla Navarro] Starla's head snaps up, she turns and twists in her seat to stare right at Amunet, her eyes narrowing on the kin that snaps out her words. The corners of her mouth flatten into a thin line as she glares at her. 

[Balance Without Fault] [this comes before August -- sorry, but BWF would immediately react!]

Balance Without Fault snaps his fingers for the eightball.  He confers briefly with Kora, gets a name, speaks.

"Stick to protocol, Nash.  You too, Amunet.  Next time you two step out of line, you're out.

"In case you missed it the first time around: don't speak without the eightball.  Rank and renown takes precedence.  In the event that rank is equal, the Auspice Council takes precedence over Tribal Alphas, who take precedence over the Garou, who take precedence over the kin.

"And I'm sorry, Carter, but there is no equality in the Nation.  We are not a democracy."

It passes on to August. 

[August Grant] {Damn, my bad - my screen didn't refresh. Augusts posts AFTER BWFs} 

[Gina McClaren] *Gina makes a noise in her throat thats something along the lines of a pissed off gurgle.  Fingers scraping through her hair and across her temples as her head falls backwards in utter frustration.  Talon hands coming away from her scalp and settling on the bar with some force. * 

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs, when... okay I'm not sure what the list is for dibs, but! Put me on it!] 

[Delilah Marciano] Delilah eases out of the chair she sat in, her hand drops to the phone sitting on the table, picking it up and stares down at the screen for a brief second, and then tucks it away inside the inner breast pocket of her suit jacket. She is tall, only because of the advantage point her heels provide her, she stands with shoulders squared back and chin tilted up. 

The woman doesn't exactly command authority, but there is a coolness in her demeanor. A calm, collected disposition that expresses patience, clearly her gesture to stand, instead of sit idly and listen meant she had something to say. She is an unknown face, a stranger to the kin that have served this sept in the past and now in the present. 

[Calling <b>DIBS!</b>] 

[Rain McKellar] Rain's arms are crossed low over her middle.  Her expression is somewhat anxious, but when she looks up to August as the other Gaian speaks it is with as much support as she can muster in this tense environment. 

[Carter Roth] Carter frowns deeply at Balance Without Faults words and he shakes his head, an angry look flitting behind his eyes. 

[Balance Without Fault] -- and the eightball comes back to Balance.

"I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill-used by your former mate, August.  Tell us the name of this Garou so that we all know his dishonor."

The eightball goes back to August.

[Dibs list is currently: August, Matthieu, Danicka, Delilah.] 

[August Grant] "Paul Kellogg. He seems to have .. left.." She'd rather use the word fled.. "the city." And once again, the eight ball is passed on. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget stands at the doorway, listening to the conversation while munching on part of a sandwich. The tightness to her muscles and the smirk on her face expresses her discontent with the line of conversation. She takes a glass of ice water over to Carter and leans against his side. She offers the frigid beverage to the other kin, the corners of her mouth turning in a slight smile, an expression that simply says: <i>here.</i> 

[Kora] Kora listens as Rain says her piece; her arms tighten when Balance Without Fault directs her to see to Izzy's complaint.  The look she gives the Grand Elder is direct, her expression ironic, but not wry.  When Carter speaks, the heavily pregnant Fenrir audibly rolls her eyes (seriously, Nash can [i]hear/i] it).  She flashes him a look when he speaks up.  Except for the obvious tension, the expression is quiet, animal, unreadable. 

[Starla Navarro] Starla clucks her tongue against the roof of her mouth, shaking her head. She looks over her should at Kora, catching the eye-rolling expression of the Jarl. She turns back in her seat, shifting closer to Rain and draws a comforting arm around the kin's shoulders, hugging her. 

[Jackson Montgomery] [[Add Jackson in after Delilah]] 

[Derek Anderson] Derek listened, standing near Rain, August and Jackson. He owuld have loved to stand with people from his tribe but Sasha and Katherine weren't there, Gabriel wasn't invited and he didn't rally knewMatthieu except glimpsing at him at the loft the other night.

He looked relax, hands in his pockets. He had nothing to say about all this really. He has been well treated by his  Tribe, other Garou and kinfolks he has met. Well Remy was a jerk but even then, it went pretty ok when he met him. He knew some people had problems with Garou, that some had bad experiences in the past. He wasn't one of them. Maybe it'll come, maybe he'll be like Izzy or maybe not. But for now, his life was good.Maybe he didn't need much, or maybe it was his upbringing, butr he was..ok with the way things were. 

[Joey] When the meeting first came to order, Joey sat looking slightly away from the circle, her head moving nearly imperceptibly to the beat of some rhythm in her head. As soon as the eight ball started going around, though, her attention was on the people in the room, her dark eyes moving from speaker to speaker. For the most part, she just watches, listening attentively. She's silent, even when Izzy speaks up about her punishment, though there's a tension to her brow, a slight downward turn to the corners of her mouth. The frown doesn't leave her face, in fact worsens, especially when August speaks up, the kinswoman so obviously pregnant. Joey knew her mate, knew him for the filthy son of a bitch he could be, and not for the wisdom he supposedly held in the Nation. The fact that he would abandon his mate was hardly surprising to her, but infuriating. Wasn't August the girl he'd once mistaken Joey for? What a prick. 

[Carter Roth] Carter takes that glass with a nod to Bridget as great a thanks as he could give at the moment, and sips it, still looking displeased but for now...silent. 

[Matthieu] When the 8ball comes his way he stands in his usual regal posture before kin as well as his peers. He takes the time to acknowledge all who choose to look at him with a smile before speaking up and addressing the others present.

"I hear kin speaking about unity, and about working together and about organization. So allow me to speak up and please do hear what I have to say."

"Harrier's Grace was founded under the idea that the Mortal world is an important one which we garou have little direct grasp upon. In the heart of a city as large as Chicago we stand in an awkward position where mundane threats could see us utterly destroyed without the means to address them."

He takes the time to look over faces one by one.

"You wish to take part in the nation. You wish to take an active role in the pursuits of your own people then now is your chance. Harrier's Grace was founded specifically with the Kin in mind and with time and your assistance we should like to see that all are both cared for, as well as allowed to take an active role in this nation's happenings. We need eyes and ears, additionally we need faces and talented minds."

"The Mundane World is your world and if "We" the Garou are to control it we need our kin to stand with it. So any who stand ready to take an active role in a pack who will share in it's endeavours with all Garou and Kin who take part please step forth after this meeting."He smiles a little to everyone present.

"I do not wish this to be a recruiting event for a pack but what I am hearing is that Kin would like a chance to take a more active role in their society. This is what Harrier's Grace was formed with the intention of seeing through. So it remains relevant to the situation."

He then looks around at the others involved.

"We are one nation, we cannot exist without the whole of that nation working in unison. Our kin are our support network, our homes, and our families. Whatever one feels of their unique and individual position within this nation know now that we are not oblivious to the plight of our kin. We live and die with the hope that our people will remember us and more than anything our people are our kin."

"Perhaps we do not always show the proper deference or respect but we have a very difficult job."He then turns his attention to Izzy."When our kin stand and denounce us as if we have somehow broken some sacred vow it comes as a potent and dangerous blow. There are warriors in their graves at this very moment who have died defending the kin of this sept. I also promise you right now that if you were in danger there are at least one or two garou in this room alone who would stupidly rush off to their own deaths in order to rescue you. Remember this when you find yourself doubing the importance our kin hold to us."

"In the end we ask of our kin nothing more or less than we ask of ourselves."He says with a hint of a smile back at the kin."In the end we must all stand ready to give everything for this nation if that is what we must. That cannot be negociated it simply must be." 

[Balance Without Fault] [Current dibs list: Danicka, Delilah, Jackson] 

[Kora] (dibs!) 

[Balance Without Fault] [and for the record - applying a -2 honor hit to Paul's sheet for getting publicly denounced before auspice and tribal councils, plus half the city's kin, reduced him to subcliath status.  normally i wouldn't announce minor renown tweaks, but in this case it's a fairly substantial change in how other chars would perceive him.] 

[Balance Without Fault] [...if, y'know, the char ever gets reactivated *LOL*] 

[Balance Without Fault] [last OOC note!  if your character holds precedence and wants to use it, make a note in your dibs-calling so i don't have to ask individually!] 

[Danicka Musil] [I'm almost there! Sorry for the wait!] 

[Danicka Musil] It's as though she had mental notes.  Danicka gets the 8-ball after the Galliard Elder and speaks up.  Directly, in fact, to Carter Roth.

"I know what you can do," she says plainly, and simply.  Maybe even gently, though her voice is levelled directly at him in public.  "I also know, and I am the only person currently in this room who knows as well as you do, what it means to be raised as a Kin of Thunder.

"The Garou will never see you as their equal.  You may be able to heal with a touch, but you will never be able to fight as well as they can.  You will never know what it is like to enter a new body and hunt on all fours.  You cannot cross between worlds at will.  You will never share a full measure of their power, and so you will never be seen as their equal."  She pauses a moment.  "You say you will not work for the Nation without equality.  You will never get it.  And in this way -- knowing what the stakes are, knowing what we all stand to lose -- you are more selfish and dishonorable than any Kinfolk in this room.

"Even in human government, if you ally insults you and will not yield, will not compromise, those alliances end, often bloodily.  So too will your connection to the Garou you want to treat you as an equal.  Work with them or work alone, but do not get in their way or you <i>will</i> be cut down.  We aren't fools, Mr. Roth, not raised in our tribe.  Amunet is <i>trying</i> to find a way to decrease our marginalization.  And if you want to be involved, at some point you will have to submit to another's leadership -- and it might be Kin, but ultimately it will be to the Garou.  Suck it up or get out of the way."

A pause.  She looks at Amunet.  "You do guard the alliance jealously, Amunet.  Bridget is right about that.  You seemed secretive even to me, when I tried to show you nothing but support and interest.  You need to work on that attitude, or all your efforts are going to be in vain.  When you come to this meeting and then break the rules, you don't show yourself as a very good leader for Kinfolk, much less someone the Garou might listen to.  I want this to work.  By god, believe me, I want this to work.  But the Kinfolk have to <i>grow up</i>.  We <i>all</i> have suffered, but not a thing is going to get done til we all get over it for the sake of the greater good.  And those of you who can't do that, whose angst and baggage is too much to let go of, I don't even know why you bothered to show up."

She takes a deep breath and exhales it slowly. "The last attempt at a coalition of kinfolk failed <i>because</i> the Kin involved wanted it to be some kind of perfectly equal democracy, and that <i>will. Not. Work.</i>  Even Garou have to follow orders they don't agree with sometimes.  We do too, if we want to be of any real use at all." 

[Balance Without Fault] [delilah, jackson, kora, and then BWF is retaking the ball!] 

[Amunet Knezevic] HOW was Amy secretive?   I specifically told you that she was being up front when you rolled on her. 
to Danicka Musil

[Kora] (drop Kora from the list, pls!) 

[Carter Roth] Carter meets Danika's gaze and he shakes his head at the woman. Before flipping her the bird, he might not have the 8 ball, so he won't speak, but the message is clear enough. 

[Delilah Marciano] When the 8 ball finds its way into the Glass Walker's hands, she holds it up, gives it a good hard shake. She stares at the rubber triangle for a second; the curve of her generous mouth etches into a thinly veiled frown.

<i>"Will this end well?"</i> Delilah asks the ball, <i>"Maybe." </i>

She turns her eyes up to meet the Grand Elder's gaze for second, tilting her head to watch the rest of the room. "This, esteemed rhya, is the breeding ground for the discontent. You ask us for our opinions, you tell us to lay our grievances out into the open, so that we may be heard, so we may have a voice..." 

A beat, her body shifts, rolls the plastic ball between her hands, "What is this all for? To what purpose will listening to our bitching serve you, in your judgment of us? They are unhappy, they expressed this, and yet, it will not change. We all know this - you said it yourself, it's not a democracy." 

She shakes her head slowly, "Amunet is trying to organize an alliance, it has been said by Ms. Musil, it will not work. There is no organization, this is like trying to herd cats, they won't cooperate without first laying a foundation. Training kinfolk in self-defense and first-aid will do very little against a monster breathing down their necks. If the Wyrm wants to kill us, it will do so." 

"The best efforts of the kin, if they wish to come together and organize, is to take a step away from the front lines, and work behind the scenes as we are meant to do. With our mortal influences, our skills, and our connections. We are the first line of defense in covering up the messes that the Garou like to make in the mundane world." 

With that, she shrugs her shoulders and hands the ball off to the next person that so desires it. 

[Kora] (change my mind still keeping dibs!) 

[Danicka Musil] Carter flips Danicka off.  She shrugs at him and gestures to Danny that she'd like an ice water. 

[Balance Without Fault] [bwf takes the ball!] 

[Izzy Montoya] She looks around and finally grabs a glass of ice water, and taps her ashes into it. It'll do for now. It also serves to keep her expression hidden for a moment.

It's likely a good thing. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Did he cut or did I lose my turn? :) ]] 

[Holden] [cutteR!] 

[Balance Without Fault] [he totally cut.]

"First and last strike for you, Mr. Roth."

Then, to Delilah:

"I was actually about to address that.  I've got a few things on my agenda tonight, and we're still on number one.  I'd like to hear <i>specific</i> concerns from kin first and settle them as I can -- so frankly, Garou and kin of Maelstrom, we're starting to get a little off topic with all the philosophy.

"After that, I've got two incidents I want to go over.  After that, I want to discuss and settle certain issues with the coalition itself.

"Let's get back to the kin.  Specific concerns, bring them forth."

-- and on to Jackson. 

[Gina McClaren] *Gina's heard enough, and she who had a voice designed - accent and all - for other's pleasure in her speaking - had nothing nice to say.  So like her sweet pikey mother had told her with a rap of knuckles across teeth - 

<i>"Effen ye've naethen nice tae say, fer christs sakes jes shut yer fookin crumbhole."</i>

She moves towards the kitchens, bumping past the folk in the door with a low sung "Oot the road please" - before moving to fuss with the food there, warming what had grown cold, cooling what had grown warm .  Taking a hefty slug from a dented flask drawn deep from the V of dark cleavage.   Liquor finally offered to Bridget and Carter in turn.* 

[Carter Roth] Carter grimaces at Balance without Fault and shakes his head at the man, he does not however flip the man the bird. He simply looks to Bridget who was standing by his side looked back to Balance, and dropped his water letting it clatter to the floor loudly, maybe even shatter. He looked around at his fellow kinsman, all who had come here with the understanding that they would be free to speak...obviously that was not the case.

Before he turned and walked out a brief nod given to Gina and her alcohol. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] He takes the 8-Ball with a respectful nod.  Yes, he is a good kin.  Mostly.

"I had one more concern to bring up, Rhyas.  It seems like...and I don't think this is an endemic issue, but I've seen it a couple times now...some Garou try to instruct kin who...well, really shouldn't be.  And I know people may wonder what right I have to say that.  But I grew up in a family that was blessed.  Both of my siblings were Garou.  My father was an Ahroun.  I like to think I know a fair amount, though not everything, about certain matters.  I won't give a ton of examples...but one I specifically recall is that a kin, new to our city and rather wet behind the ears, was witness to a Thrall frenzy that took place here.  I was present and got the kin to safety...after I left, said kin was told by a Garou that in case of a frenzy, playing dead was a good idea.  As if a Garou who was in frenzy, especially Thrall frenzy, would just leave them alone if they were lying prone and pretending to be dead."

He pauses, trying to figure out how to word this without seeming disrespectful.  "To be honest, I was dumbstruck when the kin told me this.  It's...really bad advice, to say the least.  I've passed it on to Roman, who has passed it further on...but it seems like some Garou could use some kind of instruction themselves before they're taking kinfolk under their responsibility."

He hands it back to Balances-Without-Fault. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Oh fuck.  You know who that was supposed to be.  :P ]] 

[Danicka Musil] [*points and laughs at samael*] 

[Nash] [I for one am proud of Sarita and wish him all the best.] 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[I'm working and shit and it was bound to happen eventually AND LEMME ALONE!  *mock cries and runs away*  Okay nah, it's funny, ngl]] 

[Balance Without Fault] Over behind the bar, Danny suddenly blurts out a cough that sounds suspiciously like a laugh.  He claps his hand over his mouth and holds up the other.  "I know, Mr. Balance.  First and last warning.  Sorry."  And he mimes the zipping of his mouth.

Balance, for his part, takes the ball and answers Jackson directly.  "Do you or does anyone know the name of this Garou?"

The ball goes back to Jackson. 

[Quinn] So far, Quinn hasn't had anything to bring up, no concerns or grievances to air. For the most part, she keeps out of the way, helping where she can but generally staying under the radar. But when someone says the advice given in times of Thrall was to "play dead," her blue eyes widen, then her fine dark brows constrict.

When she rises, it's not to intercept that passage of the eight ball. It's to raise a brow at Carter Roth, the look simply <i>How rude</i>, trail briefly in his wake, and bend to retrieve the fallen glass of water. She gestures to Danny to bring a towel or something to clean up the water. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget writes something on a napkin and tucks it into Carter's hand before he decides to shatter his glass all over the floor and make his way out. She stifles a tiny laugh-- it's not at all audible and she turns her face in Danny's direction so she doesn't disturb the conversation-- but it's there.

Gina thankfully offers up some booze, which the Stag kin thankfully takes so she can stifle her grin and shut the fuck up. 

[Jackson Montgomery] He takes the ball and seems hesitant to name names at the moment.  The information was passed along, but he was given a request.  "Kristen.  She's a Fianna Theurge who stays here at the Brotherhood...I don't know her last name or her deed name."  Handed back. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *His eyes widen at that, and he looks back and forth.  He frowns, clearly pondering.* 

[Balance Without Fault] "Jenny," Balance speaks directly to the woman watching quietly from over by the kitchen door, "can you get a message to Kristen?  Let her know a Thralled Homid would sooner munch a dead body than ignore it, and that maybe she shouldn't run around teaching the kin for a while.

"Unfortunately," this is to all, "Garou rarely have time these days to be fully trained before stepping out into the world as Cliaths.  The war's too desperate, and we need soldiers.  The downside is occasionally we get a good soldier whose education has been a little lacking in certain non-essential regards.

"There's really no way prevent these things from happening.  I can't publish a manual of Everything You Should and Shouldn't Say To Kin.  All we can do is troubleshoot one incident at a time, so I appreciate your bringing this up."

And the ball goes to Kora. 

[Danicka Musil] There's a glance from Shadow Lord Kinswoman to Shadow Lord Elder when Carter leaves.  It's hard to read, for those that don't know her -- for those that are, at the moment, invested in other conversations.  He might understand.  He might not, even as well as he knows her.

Danicka sips her ice water, and waits for the next blowup. 

[Gina McClaren] *Gina's expression at the breaking of glass is one of frank annoyance.  She stands in the kitchen in her barefeet, and hisses irritation.  Singing lowly to bridget - yes.. without the 8-ball.*

Trade ye tha sip o' firewater fer yer gi'en tha broom, Bridget darlin.  Dinnae fancy me bloody feet on account o' foolishness, aye? 

[Balance Without Fault] [wait, is Kristen there?  i see her logged in.  i know patrick's the fianna alpha, but jacqui ain't here tonight.  well, if Kristen's here, BWF would speak directly to her.] 

[Balance Without Fault] Danny, meanwhile, is hurrying over with dustpan and broom.  He shakes his head mutely at Gina and Bridget, forefinger to lips, waving them off.  The message is clear: <i>I got it!</i> 

[Kristen Burke] ((I was told that Kristen was not allowed to be here As such she has not tried to speak or rebut what was said about her.)) 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget moves to action, sets her glass down on the bar, and helps pick up Carter's mess despite her amusement. It's alright, the movement gives her something to do. She shakes her head at Danny and helps him anyway. 

[Balance Without Fault] [OK, I just saw Jacqui sign on, so I guess Kristen wouldn't be there after all.  Assume Jenny sends her a polite note repeating what BWF said, only a lot nicer and reflexively-apologetic!] 

[Gina McClaren] *Gina remains in place.   You know.  So as not to step in glass with the bare feet.  But Danny gives her the shush and she raises an eyebrow in a clear expression of "Oh Enough."  An incredulous shake of her head mirroring the Fianna's.* 

[Quinn] Quinn's gotten most of the bigger chunks gathered carefully into one hand. When Danny arrives with dustpan and broom, she smiles warmly and rises to carry her burden to the nearest trash bin, which happens to be in the kitchen. When she comes back out again, she weaves around the outside of the circle to return to her seat. 

[Kora] There's something - implicitly feral about the heavily pregnant Garou tonight.  She's standing, not sitting.  She should sit.  Some of the people tonight are long winded - not telling stories, not remembering deeds, not discussing the dead - just talking.  

Those closest to her can feel her restlessness like ozone in the air around her.  It does not take much to bring it forward these nights, careful as she has to be now, pregnant as she is.  Alone here tonight, her brother - her Godi - gone, her beta in another Sept, seeking his own tribe for challenge.  

By the time the eight-ball comes her way, Carter is gone. Her dark eyes follow his path through the room; she catches the scribbing Bridget does on a napkin, watches until the kinsman has left the restaurant.  

The creature's generous mouth flattens then.   Whatever she meant to say is distilled down to this:  "I have kept my territory open to all tribes, Garou certainly, kin more so.  It's unreasonable to expect you to live in a city and somehow keep track of our changing, Balkanized territory.  But, Wyrmbreaker-<i>rhya</i>, <i>that</i> man is barred from mine.  I trust you will pass it on to him." 

[Kieran Mondblume] [Dibs?] 

[Balance Without Fault] [back to BWF, then Kieran!] 

[Honor's Compass] Katherine and Patrick both here, somewhere, and their player is very apologetic for being tardy! She suggests Katherine is looking very pretty in white standing somewhere near pack-mates and as well as Balance Without Fault and Patrick is over yonder possibly looking confused -- also in a very pretty way, albiet more masculine -- or simply bored. 

Carry on! 

[Adamidas] She opens her mouth, then closes it. Her attention seems to be intent on what is going on, and before she can really say anything, the Fury turns her head in the direction of... something. Slightly to the left. She gives the Grand Elder a look and taps her chest with two index fingers, then gestures behind her with her thumb. 

Whatever that look says, it must be important. If given the okay, she slips out as quickly as she enters. Just as understated, and punctuated with a <i>pop</i>. 

[Balance Without Fault] Though Carter's departure didn't provoke an immediate response from the Garou named for his balance, it's remarked on when the ball comes back into his possession.

"Wyrmbreaker, your kinsman disrespected this gathering again with his dramatic departure.  See to it.  And let him know that his antics only resulted in the very kin he professes to champion scrambling to clean up his mess."

He nods to Adamidas, then, before continuing.

"At this point I'm going to make a last call for kin to bring forward their concerns.  If there's nothing else, we're moving on."

[on to Kieran!  and if there are any more kin concerns, call dibs now cuz BWF is about to move things along] 

[Quinn] [dibs because I gotta get something out in case I have to bail before the end!] 

[Wyrmbreaker] Wyrmbreaker nods mutely to Kora and and Balance, the second nod deeper than the first.  Then he gets up, leaning over to murmur briefly to Danicka before excusing himself from the gathering. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He pushes up, and then he takes the eight ball, shaking it idly.*  Clearly, if he's getting pissed off enough to drop a glass onto the ground and leave, something screwed up happened to him in the past.  I think that's part of the problem.  We can't fix these problems without years and years of therapy that we don't have time for.  

*He tosses the eight ball to his other hand.*  But I will say, I've noticed every kin has their skills and talents.  I don't think I'm alone in saying, I'd like to hear about those instead. 

[Quinn] The tall Fiann has retaken her seat now. It should be noted that she's wearing clothes, and they're probably pretty nice, and probably includes a shirt with the sleeves rolled up to reveal the tattoo on her right arm. Nothing fancy, just some cool looking birds.

Anyway!

She sits up a little straighter when there seems to be a lull, lifts her chin, and indicates she'd like the magic eight ball next. When it comes to her, Quinn doesn't shake it to read her fortune, though she does smile a little down at it before standing to address the assembled.

"Hello," she says, her voice warm, and still carries a touch of a Baltimore accent. "I'm Quinn, I own The Winchester tavern up in Lake View. Some of you might've heard of it. Like The Brotherhood, we've only got kin on staff, so it's a safe place. If any of you are in the area and find yourself in need of a place to rest or otherwise recuperate for a while, the doors are open. To Kin and Garou alike." After that, she rolls the ball from one hand to the other, says, "That's it," and passes it down the line rather than tossing it to the grand elder. 

[Nash] The Jarl is understandably restless.  On this side of the bar, the Fenrir are all standing; Nash looks like he probably ought to sit down, but for the moment, he's still on his feet, his right arm held up against his midsection while bruised eyes watch the proceedings--silently, now that that first [and last] outburst is over with.

There is a lot going on, between Strider and Lord Kinfolk slamming out and slamming glasses.  Nash, unlike many others, doesn't have to stifle laughter.  He glances around, then finds a place to rest his eyes when Kora starts to speak.  He looks back at her when the Uktena speaks, as if looking for something, but he doesn't lean over to whisper or anything else that might be considered disruptive. 

[Delilah Marciano] Delilah sighs; she steps away from the table glancing around at the assembly one final time. She has heard enough, and the Grand Elder has yet to get beyond the first line of questioning. She turns away, slipping off in silence towards the back entrance of the Brotherhood' hand retrieves her phone, texting her driver to come around to the back side to pick her up as she left the meeting. 

[Kora] There's something about the way Kora handled the eight-ball.  Held it as if it were a cracked bone, as if there were marrow in it - rather than likely toxic water locked behind a window with catchy sayings on a plastic weighted die by children chained to extruding machines in some unlikely backwater of Guangdong province, China.  

That sense of <i>animal</i> lingers around her.  Her hair is pale, fine-stranded, her skin equally pale, winter-thing, dark eyes set above sharp cheeks made softer by the extra weight of advanced pregnancy.  No matter: the wolf is still visible underneath.  As now.  Nash glances at her, and she lifts her chin, canting her head, dark eyes finding his with an unerring sort of grace.  She holds the look for a quiet moment, then glances away. 

[Balance Without Fault] The eightball comes back to Balance eventually, passed hand to hand until someone loses patience and tosses it.  Catching it neatly, the Grand Elder takes a drink of water before going on.

"Let's discuss that in a minute, Kieran, when we talk about the coalition some more.  I have two incidents I want to go over.  Unfortunately, Amunet, they both involve you.

"First up: the Brotherhood defense plans were posted up a couple of weeks ago, and you seemed to have something to say about it.  Jenny mentioned you removed the original posting as something of an act of protest."  Over by the kitchen, Jenny looks mildly mortified.  "What was that about, and has that been settled?" 

[Amunet Knezevic] "It was less an act of protest than an act of frustration, Rhya.   Again, the perception of being dictated to, rather than being acknowledged as being willing to work together.   I apologize for my rash decision, and hope that my actions will not reflect poorly on those who can be held responsible for me."

Her fingers run in her hair, eyes flickering away before meeting BWF's once more.   "It has been offered that there be a meeting with myself and those charged with the safety of the Brotherhood.  I believe it is just a matter of finding a convenient time for everyone, and then the matter should be settled." 

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs!] 

[Gina McClaren] *Her flask of corn liquor is reclaimed and settled back in her assets as she steps aside for the exiting Glasswalker kin.  Strider kin maneuvering her way out of the kitchen with an eye to the floor, wary for any invisible shards lying in wait for small  burnished feet.  The kin moves to stand between Leon and Matt, dwarfed by a good foot or more by each.   Curvy kin's body language filling in the gaps where verbal communication was not allowed.  She leans on Mirror's whisper, floury skirt no doubt soiling his perfectly pressed suit.  A painted toe prods Hostile Takeover's knee, accompanied by a wry smile and a roll of eyes.  Familiarity and Affection for both, mingled with no small exasperation at the proceedings.  Her attention shifts to those speaking.* 

[Honor's Compass] [Kate has something to add! How do I -- *hits the buzzer*] 

[Danicka Musil] [Danicka yields to the ranked Garou present *gavel*] 

[Wyrmbreaker] [dibs order is Kate, Danicka, then probably BWF.] 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita doesn't fail to notice Gina's brief interaction, such as it is, with Leon.  Her eyes narrow a little bit, watching them, and anyone paying attention to her would notice a bit of bristling.  She doesn't speak out, merely watches for a long moment before looking back.

Yeah.  She'll be dealing with that later. 

[Matthieu] Matthieu made certain to follow the kin across the floor. Whether Gina knew it or not those eyes followed her quietly. She drew closer and closer and even took the chance to squeeze herself between he and his beta. A slight smile grew and he peeked up at the woman with a hint of a smile. She had likely been drinking and was feeling pleasant. Which was surprisingly okay with the Garou who looked up at her with familiar eyes.

He didn't speak however, simply welcomed her to join if she pleased. 

[Leon Davenport] Finally something interesting happening to this meeting And no it's not an angry kin storming out or incidents involving one with the Broho'splan or anything else. No, it's the presence of a beautiful caramel skinned Strider kin, moving between him and his Alpha.

Shelean into Matt and that makes him smile, a genuine rare one from the Ahroun these days. Then she prds hm and the smile grew wider. He kept hi hands in his pants pockets, his smile turning into a grin. Then his piercing blue eyes were back on the meeting

There has been no GW kin here that he knew of. After all he knew Delilah only by her GWnet handle. He didn't want any of his tribe's kin getting into troubel tonight. He seem ot have had his wish granted. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *His eyes, however, remain on Amy, and the Grand Elder.  He looks, very briefly, worried, though it passes rather quickly.  Nothing else in the meeting seems to catch his dark eyes.* 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget finally retakes her seat, glass in hand. Her brown eyes shift around the room as if for a second, she forgot where she was. The kinswoman shakes it off and sips the remaining whiskey, her eyes floating somewhere between Patrick and Kieran for whatever reason. 

[Honor's Compass] Honor's Compass, who has, up until this moment been relatively silent, merely a formidable presence in so far as a regal Silver Fang of her ranking should be, standing to one side with her arms neatly folded over her chest; her coat open to reveal silk blouse beneath, the designer jeans and knee-high boots. 

Immaculate as ever, she somehow managed to avoid it becoming ridiculous; her carefully arranged hair; her glossed lips. It was the animal grace in her that controlled it; the thrill of danger posed by those pale eyes of hers as they sweep the assembly, as manicured nails close over the eight ball.

Her eyes find Sarita's sister.

"If I may, Rhya," she says in her voice, rippling with its hint of french gentility, "I have some knowledge of these goings on. I was approached here at the Brotherhood by Adara, Song of Life, a Black Fury Galliard I believe my Alpha put in charge of the Brotherhood plans, along with Adamidas. She told me of the issues with the Kinswoman."

A beat. "She asked my council, and two sides to this issue were brought before me, one from Garou and the other spoken on the behalf of the Kinfolk by one of Cockroaches Kin." The Fang's lip curves a little, inexplicably. "My sense was that they were working at cross-purposes, here. The Kinfolk, rightly enough, want their say in their own safety, but the Garou have their own notions on how Kinfolk need to be so protected. 

My advice was to meet together, and discuss it. I believe this is the meeting Amunet is referring to." 

[Nash] With his left hand, Nash reaches up to scrub at his scruffy face when the tiny Indian woman moves across the room and proceeds to cause the blood pressure of at least four Trueborn to spike.  He doesn't sigh or stare, but when his hand comes away from his face and returns to his jacket pocket the kinsman glances over at Kora again.

That glance lasts only so long as the silence between active speakers; a few seconds after the regal blonde begins to speak, his eyes slowly drift away to acknowledge her. 

[Rain McKellar] ((Rain will stay with the other Gaian kin until the meeting lets out, but her player must go to sleep soon.  Thanks, all, for the scene.)) 

[Balance Without Fault] [night!] 

[Danicka Musil] This time, the ball comes to Danicka more easily, since her mate has excused himself from the proceedings for the moment and it seems that Danicka doesn't trust herself to catch the bizarre little toy if lobbed her way.  She hears about the defense plan -- something she's only heard rumors of, not the story she just got.  She looks at Amunet briefly when she takes the 8-ball, but in the end, doesn't address the Strider kin as she did earlier.

"-Rhya," she says, to Balance Without Fault, "the Kinfolk have tried before to establish leadership amongst themselves before, but in that case and in this one, there's a serious problem with Garou being kept out of the loop."  She thinks a moment.  "If the Kinfolk want to be heard by the Garou -- to have a voice, for example, in deciding the defense plan for the Brotherhood of Thieves, to have at least some kind of vote in matters that affect them personally, then is there any reason why the Garou in charge of defense for this place should not have a Kinfolk -- preferably a resident -- whose counsel is sought in decisions about it?"

A beat.  She blinks those round, green eyes of hers, turning to look at Amunet.  "And maybe, if only to limit the amount of suspicion and paranoia and rumors of discontent, maybe an alliance of Kinfolk would have a better chance of success if there is a Garou involved in the proceedings and decisions being made -- not to dictate, not to rule, but to communicate the needs the Garou have to the Kin, and vice versa?" 

[Balance Without Fault] Balance listens to Katherine with clear attentiveness; then Danicka.

"It's become increasingly clear to me tonight that some level of constant communication needs to be set up between the Garou of this Sept and the Kin.  That's part of what I wanted to discuss when we talk about the coalition a little more.  I realize I've delayed the discussion of the coalition again and again, but I'm going to have to ask for your patience a little longer."

He turns back to Amunet.

"There will always be some level of dictation, Amunet.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The Nation is not a democracy.  There is one Grand Elder.  One Warder.  One warleader.  One Garou in charge of the defense of the Brotherhood, and one Garou assisting her.

"It's not your place to rebel against that order.  If you feel unheard, then speak.  You may bring your suggestions up, just as anyone else can -- and it seems that with Honor's Compass's counsel, you intend to do exactly that.

"You may not, however, display blatant insubordination to those who rank over you.  And you must understand that the final say still belongs to those charged with the keeping of the Brotherhood.  This isn't a kin/Garou issue.  It's a simple issue of hierarchy.  I would say the same to your sister Sarita, or even to the Philodox Elder."

Balance turns the magic eightball over in his hands, then continues.

"The second point I wanted to address specifically is this.  I've heard reports that you were seeking a Garou to ... beat you?  And that you would tape this as some sort of instructional video?

"What's the story there, Amunet?  I hardly know where to begin." 

[Amunet Knezevic] She looks very tired, very suddenly, tongue bitten to keep herself quiet as she waits her turn. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He flinches visibly.* 

[August Grant] A brow rose. 

That sounded like the single most stupid idea she's heard in awhile.

Was that girl daft? 

[Izzy Montoya] She's wanting.... <i>what?!</i> Izzy's head whips about so quickly her hair flies in a semi circle, smacking her in the face while she stares at Amunet with dropped jaw.... only to have it snap shut on the comment not quite bitten back..

"Motherfu..." snap.

She turns, and stalks to the kitchen. She needs a serious drink. Now. 

[Quinn] Quinn actually does a double-take, and frowns at Amunet.Her thoughts are similar August's. What would that even teach? 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He raises one hand, however, before forgetting himself, and he holds his hand out for the ball.* 

[Jackson Montgomery] He blinks as the idea for the original plan comes out in a horribly mangled, telephone version of what was actually discussed.  He looks at Balances With Fault, then at Amunet and back, before he takes a [[DIBS]] after Amunet. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget tenses in her little corner of the world, and the nearly empty glass falls into her lap before she catches it. A slight amount of whiskey and ice bleed into the fabric.

"Shit," she says under her breath. Looking directly to BWF with an expression of apology, she zips it quickly, gathers her skirts, and moves towards the kitchen following Izzy. 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Though I am willing to wait for dibs till after Amy and Jackson have had their say)) 

[Leon Davenport] Leon blinked a few times, eyes on Amy. Ok...now that was..well..totally crazy even for her. He actually had to look at Sarita with a brow raised as if asking her..what the hell? But he doesn't say anything, doesn't smile or anything. He was mostly, perplexed by all of this. 

He had an idea why she'd ask that, but to him it dodn't seem like the right way to do things. 

[Danicka Musil] Danicka, in the face of people restraining the urge to curse, of staring, of double-takes... blinks at Amunet.  There's no anger, no sudden <i>omgwtfbbq</i>.  But surprise.  And definite, strong interest in hearing something other than the rumor that Balance Without Fault wants to be explained and clarified. 

[Gina McClaren] *Wait - woah.. What?  Gina arcs her back away from Matt, squinting at the better bred strider kin across the room.   Expression caugt between disgust and disbeleif.  She looks up to Matt meaningfully, as if to say <i>"Didn't I tell you?  Crazy. Every fucking one of them." </i>  That flask gets retrieved and sampled from once more.* 

[Amunet Knezevic] "Okay.  So"  She takes a deep breath.  Remember what Stefan said, Ames...

"First of all, it was an idea that was being batted around.   Just that.  I'm unsure why everyone seems content to run around asking everyone else why I'm doing what I'm doing, but that seems to be the trend.   It was considered, it was discussed, and nothing has been done.   There's no reason for anyone to assume that it's moving forward.

As for being secretive and not wanting Garou involvement in the alliance, that is simply not true.   The Shadow Lord Nathalie has offered her assistance, and I have taken her up on that.   I'm not hiding anything.  I'm not trying to exclude anyone that would benefit the alliance."

She gestures toward the departing Bridget.   "She wants to talk, but she wasn't there for the conversation.  She's referring to Adara, the Fury.   She asked to be included in the alliance, and when reminded it was a kinfolk alliance, she compared it to the KKK.   Jackson was there for the conversation.   I'm sure he can back me up.    My issue with allowing her to be part of this isn't that she's Garou, it's that she's a shitty excuse for a Garou." 

[Quinn] [dibs!] 

[Wyrmbreaker] [Dibs is Jackson, Kieran, Quinn right now -- though BWF might cut in line at some point!] 

[Quinn] [WHOOPS! That was supposed to be Joey!] 

[Amunet Knezevic] [I'm assuming she'll be asked to explain that....] 

[Wyrmbreaker] [joey --> jackson --> kieran] 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((And Ki gives up his dibs.))  *He lowers his hand again, and then he goes back to listening.* 

[Honor's Compass] [Damn it, now Kate has to speak up. SORRY.] 

[Wyrmbreaker] [kate --> joey --> jackson --> kieran] 

[Matthieu] His eyes meet Gina's own and he looks back at the kin though he doesn't nod. His eyes say enough and he reassures her with a slight pat to the small of her back. Though the Galliard doesn't wish to appear as if he isn't listening and taking in every word. Indeed he was listening to everything that was said. Formulating an opinion on each and every personality that shows itself here tonight. 

[Izzy Montoya] She's not long. Long enough to have a shot and pour a second that she brings with her, in time to hear that it was just an idea being bat around, without nay explanation whatsoever. Her jaw tenses, and she finds a space of wall to lean against, setting the glass on the table and lighting another cigarette. 

[Jackson Montgomery] [[Officially voicing a request to try to keep a bit closer to the 10 minute posting limit that was established for Dibbers.]] 

[Honor's Compass] Katherine's eyes cut toward Amy.

"That is the second occasion I have heard, and the first directly from your lips of insult to Song of Life, Amunet. I do not care who you believe you are, who your mate is or how valid your cause -- you will pay the respect due to a Garou or you will be sending your mate to every door in the Sept to make amends for your mouth.

I said it before, I say it again. 

Respectful disagreement." 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget returns soon after, patting at her skirt with a towel. She passes Izzy and takes her seat again, then offers her hand up to speak for the second time. 

[Bridget Geroux] [Dibs when it gets her direction] 

[Kora] Kora does not glance at Amunet.  Her dark eyes track Izzy, though, as she weaves through the room.  Then, the creature glances back at Nash.  Fine blond brows arch eloquently over her shadowed eyes. Restlessness runs patterned beneath her skin.  Even standing still she looks ready to prowl. 

[Wyrmbreaker] [joey --> jackson --> kieran --> bridget] 

[August Grant] Even though she really, really wanted to be here for this lovely conversation - the pregnant girl's bladder could only hold out so long. So, carefully enough, she made her way to the ladies room .. and then to the kitchen, where she'd find a snack and linger in the door for a moment eating before returning to her chair. 

[Joey] The magic eight ball starts to head toward another kin, but the Fostern Rotagar indicates the need for an interception. It goes to Kate first, and when it gets to Joey, she palms it, and inclines her head toward Amy.

"Just t'clarify, this <i>idea</i>," she reaches up her free hand to pantomime air quotes, "was brought to the elders 'cause you'd already gone at least to Burnout lookin' for a volunteer. And when I talked to you about it, everything you said told me you were set on goin' through with it, despite warnings and consequences.

"So you're not bein' called out on it just 'cause someone's followin' some sort've trend."

The eight ball is passed on. 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ki actually gave up his dibs.)) 

[Amunet Knezevic] [dibs after bridget, please] 

[Wyrmbreaker] [jackson --> bridget --> amunet!] 

[Jackson Montgomery] He takes the 8=Ball and steps forward.  "Just to provide my own perspective on this idea.  Which, at least when we discussed it, was just an idea.  It was brainstorming possibilities, nothing more.  Amunet asked me, since I was a film student, if there was a way for us to be able to film...not a Garou beating the tar out of a kinfolk, Amy or otherwise.  But potential sparring sessions.  The reason for this would be that, if we were in a situation where combat was inevitable, we'd be more capable.  This wasn't 'Beat the shit out of me and film it and you'll know what it's like to be in a fight.  Hell, a Garou could spar with someone in homid and we could film that.  These specifics weren't even gone over because it was one three minute portion of one much longer discussion.

"The key was, and what we were discussing, was that if it was done, it would have to be done securely.  No internet access to the video.  Not multiple copies floating around.  Again, this was a big if, and I felt it was conceivably possible, if not a sure thing.  No one was setting up sets or anything like that, I wasn't figuring out lighting and camera angles or what lens to use.  As near as I knew, Amunet was checking with Garou to see if there would even be volunteers, because if not the rest didn't even matter.

He frowns.  "If there was some kind of telephone situation where it wasn't properly communicated, then there you have it.  But the idea was far saner and far more brainstorming than that I just heard.  Obviously the Veil was our first concern and what we were discussing before any considerations came into play." 

[Hunter] [hunter taking dibs after bridget, before amunet] 

[Gina McClaren] *Gina's taking a fourth shot.  Amazing how much alcohol can disappear into the little Indian woman in so short a period of time.  The flask's cap clinks metallic and resolute as its popped on tightly.  Flask itself handed to Leon, a flat palm held up, then making an abrupt cutting motion.   The fuzziness in her stomach and the hazy tingle behind brown eyes told her anymore would loosen her tongue, and no one wanted that tonight.  So the woman who was rapidly becoming a lush entrusts her fire water to the Glasswalker , before settling back against the Silverfang's comforting hand.  Her eyes slip firmly shut.* 

[Balance Without Fault] [bridget --> hunter --> amunet] 

[Bridget Geroux] "That reminds me when Carter took your injuries last time. We all asked you about the bruises and you wouldn't answer. I let it go because you seemed uncomfortable, but if I thought for a second you might want someone to beat you up... What the hell, Amy? How do you expect to display leadership among us with... whatever is going on?"

She stops and shakes her head. "I'm sorry, Amy. That got a bit too personal. But when I saw you talking to Song of Life, I just couldn't hear it anymore. By the way, she has shown nothing but the utmost respect for my crazy ass ways and was one of the very few Garou who has encouraged me to keep doing my work rather than some Garou who have discouraged me from it. Maybe they've done it because they cared, but she is one of the few Garou I'd be more than willing to invite to my own house just to shoot the shit. I respect and admire the hell out of the Garou who treat kinfolk-- even those not of their tribe-- like the family we are. Family might be my whole grievance in the first place."

"My other issue with the alliance is, like Danicka repeated earlier, that it is too jealously guarded, even from other kinfolk. My father, Meuric 'Bear' Geroux for those of you who care about the formality, used to tell me all the time how Septs grow weaker when not even the kinfolk can rely on one another as family." 

[Leon Davenport] He looked at Gina with a grin and took the flask out of her hand, making it disapear in his suit's jacket. He nodded to her, letting her know it will be returned to her eventually. Not that it wasn't a big deal if she had something of hers. She had something of him. 

So it was with familiarity that he gently nudge her before looking back at those talking. 

[Bridget Geroux] [First part got cut off:]
Bridget looks towards Amy with raised eyebrows as she takes the 8 ball, an expression of genuine concern. 

[Balance Without Fault] [hunter's up, then amunet, then BWF is taking the ball] 

[Hunter] [oh shit browser didn't refresh gimme a minute] 

[Danicka Musil] At the bar, Danicka glances at the door, wondering about her mate, and frankly about Carter.  She sips her water and returns her attention to the discussion.  There's no lightly thoughtful look on her face now.  She's quite serious.  Bordering, in fact, on visibly tense. 

[Hunter] The eight ball gets grasped in one meaty palm and he doesn't stand to speak.

"Amy came to me first I believe, out of any Garou, sayin' she wanted me to do it. I explained this to her at the time but I'll repeat it because it seems ya' don't quite get it Jackson."

A beat.

"For starters, Amy squarin' off vs me in any form is just gonna be a beatin' plain n' simple. That's just all there is to it. Secondly from what I was told the purposes for doin' this was so that kinfolk could get some expertise on how to fight against a fuckin' spiral -- scuse ma language -- n'that she'd want me to fight her <i>not just in human form.</i>

Now I don't know what ya' know bout' spirals but fightin' ya' is about the last thing they're gonna do. It won't be in human form, so sparrin' vs me in homid ain't gonna teach ya' shit. It won't be to kill ya' n'I don't think I need to -- nor should I try to, or am adequately able to -- express just what they'd be <i>tryin'</i> to do.

The flaws of this video been pointed out by my Beta quite clearly to Amy, but from where I stand there's some seriously misguided ideas based on the fact that ya' thought that me puttin' a kin near death would actually help anyone learn anythin' of value against that group'a devils."

There's a beat and then:

"The fact that ya' thought me doin' that <i>could</i> help is, quite frankly, god damn insultin'." 

[Kora] (going to bed folks.  Kora's still around looking restless and pregnant.  Jamie has my permission to NPC her and directions for certain circumstances, cheers!) 

[Balance Without Fault] [amunet-->BWF!] 

[Amunet Knezevic] "I didn't want to shame the Trueborn that gave me the bruises, Bridget.   No one knew that he was going to heal them, and I certainly didn't seek him out to do it.

And again, Bridget, you don't know the whole story.   Good for you that you get along with her.  I don't, and I have solid reasons why that is the case.  

HOW am I being secretive?   What kinfolk have I turned away?   I don't understand how not ramming an alliance down the kin's throat turns into me being secretive.   Explain."

She flinches when Hunter speaks, eyes searching out anywhere to rest on but him.   Her fingers run in her hair again, then move to scratch between her shoulder blades.    "Fucking funny how you tell her fucking everything except the shit you're ashamed of" 

[Bridget Geroux] [Dibs if offered] 

[Bridget Geroux] [Does Amy have any renown?] 
to Amunet Knezevic

[Amunet Knezevic] Nope. 
to Bridget Geroux

[Izzy Montoya] She felt Kora's eyes on her, but she doesn't meet her gaze. Not yet. Not right away. In fact, it's not until Hunter's clarifying that her gaze snaps up again, and there's something.. something there. Something in dark eyes that's clearly...

...well. Of all here, only Kora knows and only with passing details. Izzy tightens her hand around the drink, and pushes from the wall. She takes a step forward, and then shakes her head. Then, when she finally looks up and meets Kora's gaze, her teeth audibly grind, and she turns, sets the drink down and heads to the door.

and if there's a muttered curse or ten, well. No one who knows her is surprised. 

[Balance Without Fault] [bwf is taking the ball!] 

[Hunter] There's a moment where Hunter simply stares at Amy with his jaw firmly set and then? He looks away, relaxes in his seat as much as the -- sometimes high strung -- Ahroun could ever relax under such conditions. 

[Prayers to Broken Stone] Prayers to Broken Stone has been lounging against a wall in his hoodie; arms folded over his chest; sniffing every now and then as if he had a cold. There's been a beer bottle in one of his hands fairly steadily and at some point; he'd excused himself to raid the kitchen; he returns now, to discussion of beatings and video tapes and something about Hunter being ashamed. 

He bites a hunk out of his sandwich, and shuffle-excuses his way back to his little spot like that annoying late-comer at the movies who blocks out the screen as the heroine and her man get it on finally. 

[Balance Without Fault] "Enough."  Balance takes the ball back.  "I don't want to dwell on this longer than we have to.  This is not a public lynching.  I'll say this, and then we move on.

"Amunet, videotaping a Garou is a very bad idea.  Videotaping a Garou in non-Homid form is a worse idea.  Asking a non-homid Garou to <i>attack you</i> so you can videotape is insanity.  I realize this was a brainstorm.  But that sort of idea should never even come to your mind.  Not simply because of the threat to the Veil, but because it tells me that you genuinely believe with enough training a kin would have options against a Dancer in warform beyond <i>running</i>.

"Izzy Montoya mentioned earlier that you were going to get people killed.  I'm starting to see her point.

"Let me be very clear on this: you can train if you want to.  You can learn first aid, you can learn self defense.  If the Warleader judges you capable, we are even willing to entertain the idea of an elite kin squad assaulting light targets to support their Garou brethren.  But you are <i>not</i> equipped to fight a Garou in warform.  If you're so unlucky as to be caught by one, you should run.  And you should teach your friends to run -- not lull them into some misguided idea that they might be able to fight and win."

Balance's fingers tap restlessly on the eightball for a moment.  Then he goes on:

"I want to move on to discussion the coalition, its leadership, and the idea of establishing a Garou-kin liaison to maintain an open line of communication between the kin and Garou of this Sept.  Before we get there, I just have two more questions:

"Bridget, you mentioned something about a Garou forbidding you from something you want to do.  Be more specific.  What do you speak of?

"And Amunet, you accuse Hunter of not speaking of something he's ashamed of.  What are you speaking of?"

[Bridget --> then Amunet, unless she rejects it!] 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He looks back to Hunter at that, and he sighs deeply.  Looking back to Amy.  And then back to BWF.  Again watching.  He wants to speak, but the words are not coming easily, it seems, so he keeps his mouth shut.* 

[Matthieu] Matthieu watches in preparation for Amunet's response. The Galliard was standing ready and keeping his attention on every word that would come out of the Kin's mouth. 

[Gina McClaren] *Curiouser and Curiouser.  Gina's eyes slowly open, and her gaze rests on Hunter, expression inquiring, her head tilted to the side. Not unlike a german shepard trying to puzzle out an algebra equation.

That is to say - hopelessly lost.

She looks from Leon and Matt back to Hunter, as though she might figure out whats shaking through some sort of elaborate half drunk social triangulation.* 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] The Strider is watching with the most intense look of concentration anyone's ever seen on her face.  It is focused on her sister and the Grand Elder.  It could be because she's curious--tense?--to see what might be said, or it could be because she's not wanting to look at certain individuals who might raise her ire.  Her expression is pained.  It's clear to anyone who might look at her that although her protectorate obligations are over with, it certainly doesn't mean that she doesn't care.  She knows how her sister must feel right now, what this is like for her, because she knows Amy so well.

She would rather it be <i>her</i> in that place instead of Amy, being questioned and having doubt heaped on by others. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget fidgets with the ball when it comes her way, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Amy, if that got a bit too personal. Catch me later if you want."

She continues quickly. "I have on a few occasions been told by several Garou. Forgive me, but one didn't tell me his name. The other was Simon, who I think expressed concern over my well being. I should explain. The Sept I am from is in the Rockies, in the middle of nowhere. I'm not boasting, but I know I'm a skilled survivalist. It feels unnatural going for so long in the city without getting some fresh air. But on several occasions, without explanation, I've been discouraged from going outside of the city to... do my thing."

The Fianna kin continues, "I don't understand what the difference is if I'm alone in the city or in the woods. I can handle myself just fine out there, and I've gone out there on several occasions on my own before Simon and some others told me I shouldn't." 

[Balance Without Fault] "And that's all you're doing?  Just going into the woods to ... hike?"

He tosses the ball back. 

[Leon Davenport] His shift position slightly, watching Amunet, glancing at Sarita and then Hunter. What will Amy say? He hoped that Amy will decide not to tlk. For herself, for Hunter and maybe for him. He wasn't sure what Amy meant, what Hunter did or didn't do., but somethings were sad that didn't make him entirely comfortable

Thongs has been dealt with and he had no intention to have them brought back to the forefront. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget catches it, "No. I hunt. I check the trails, get familiar with the landscape. Sometimes, I stay out there for quite a while with little or no supplies. It's... no different from what I did back home." 

[Derek Anderson] (*things has been dealt..) 

[August Grant] {Alright, gotta get to bed - August will stay through the meeting with the other Coggies. Night all.) 

[Danicka Musil] [Night! Thanks for playing!] 

[Prayers to Broken Stone] [Patrick will take a break from eating to pipe in at some point RE: Bridget.] 

[Bridget Geroux] [Add: check the landscape, figure out the flora and fauna.] 

[Balance Without Fault] "I see no harm in that.  Patrick, you represent the Fianna.  What do you think?"

Lob. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget seems quite pleased with BWF's comment, but waits on Patrick's response. 

[Hunter] [if anyone wants a description post of hunter's appearance etc right now let me know otherwise I'm just chillin' LOL] 

[Nash] [I don't think I'll survive without one.] 

[Rosie] Rosalie has been very quiet. Nothing more than another small body among a wealth of very well bred kin and Garou. While the conversation continues between the primary parties, the kin slips her fingers inside the front pocket of her jeans and removes her cell phone. She is quiet and unobtrusive while her fingers move quickly over the Qwerty keyboard. 

[Balance Without Fault] [angelina, since your post is pretty separate from this business with Bridget, you might wanna start pre-writing!] 

[Hunter] [AHAHAHA, gina just got a trillion empathy suxx ;((( ] 

[Prayers to Broken Stone] Prayers to Broken Stone sets his beer down and catches the eightball the way a baseball player might; both hands. He's finishing chewing his sandwich as he goes and holds up a finger briefly to swallow, then thump himself over his chest to help work it down. 

Brushing crumbs from his mouth, the intensely-blue eyed Galliard of Last Watch speaks simply, without intention for pretty wording.

"Thanks, man -- Rhya, man. Uh, look I know Bridget fairly well. I think I can say with an attempt at authority she's not insane, girl can hold her own when fist comes at face. I have no problem with her hiking in the woods. I think of some of the Kinfolk here, no respect really, but I think of them, she'd do pretty well.

So, yeah."

He nods at the Fiann, and lobs off the eightball. 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((And I am passing out.  The coughing has not ceased, so whatever he might say in response I can wait on for now, I think.)) 

[Prayers to Broken Stone] [no.. DISrespect. Hooboy.] 

[Jackson Montgomery] [[Jackson: *Pitches a fit and storms out weeping*]] 

[Nash] When his phone buzzes in his pocket, he does not whip it out to see who it is while still in the midst of the meeting.  He hears it, and quietly steps out from between Holden and Kora to find some sort of an exit.  Being as he's never been in here before, it takes a moment before he realizes the kitchen is through the swinging doors and manages to make it that way, moving at an unhurried pace, keeping his right arm held to his ribs.

Whatever he sees when he ends up in the kitchen makes him laugh, and then the door swings shut behind him. 

[Amunet Knezevic] She catches the ball, eyes on BWF and nowhere else.    "I understand that it's a bad idea, Rhya.   I put more stock into Laughs in the Face of Death Rhya's words than was evident at the time.   I assure you, the idea had been abandoned long before this meeting."

Her teeth catch the corner of her bottom lip for a moment, before her head shakes.  "I apologize for the comment.  To both you and Burnout Rhya as well.   It wasn't about anything pertinent to the discussion or the Nation, just something that my brother and I should discuss at a later time" 

[Rosie] Blue eyes sweep over Amunet's face but what - if anything - she's thinking at that moment are not completely obvious. Her fingers ghost over her phone before she slides it closed and stands from her chair where she'd been sitting. There's a quiet apology given to those seated nearest her before she edges away and manoeuvres a path through the proper area and into the kitchen. 

[Balance Without Fault] [crap -- this goes in before Amunet -- ]

"I'd add only two admonishments to that.  First: I'd keep that sort of solitude to a minimum until the kinhunter business has passed.  You'll be easy pickings on your own, miles from anyone else.  Second: I hope to Gaia you're hunting rabbits and deer, not Wyrm creatures." 

[Amunet Knezevic] [*scootches back to make room*] 

[Prayers to Broken Stone] Patrick watches as one by one, Kinfolk slip into the kitchen. He cranes his neck.

"What is there some secret door I don't know of back there?" He calls at random, then grimaces in a 'my bad' way if looked at sharply for speaking out of turn. He does gesture at the kitchen to others though, in a what gives manner. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget shakes her head at that. "Oh, god no. I'm not that much of a moonbrain." 

[Derek Anderson] He lean against the wall, listening, not talking. He has been one of the few Kin who didn't speak up and was still there. And he wasn't going to leave until the meeting was over. He was Silver Fang and he would do things properly. Beside, it was somewhat interesting.  He learned a few things, watching everyone, listening.

He offered Rain and August a smile as both kin were obiosuly tired, August understandably so, being prengant and all. He will offer her andEla a ride home after the meeting and Rain too, unless she leaves with one of Kora's people 

[Gina McClaren] *Dark eyes slide from Hunter to his Fenrir Packmate.  Flick to Gina's kinfolk tribesmate.  Tipsy kin contemplative as she rests against Mirror's Whisper, considering the garou of Defiance a moment longer.  Leon's tenseness is sensed in a peripheral, instinctive manner, and dealt with just as naturally.  Gina tugs his shirt-sleeve in a gesture of comradery, before settling back in to listen.  She'd leave to go to "work" once the meeting was over.*

[ok! I have got to sleep or I'm just going to start typing "Ale-Alejandro Ale Alejandrooo" over and over again.  Or something equally inane.  Good Night folks! Have fun!] 

[Joey] [Do I want to know what's going on in the kitchen? curiositah!] 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 1, 2, 7, 7, 9 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Balance Without Fault] [night!] 

[Joey] It's the laughter that has Joey looking back toward the kitchen, as the Fenrir kinsman disappears behind the swinging door. And it's Patrick calling attention to it that has her curiosity piqued.

But this meeting is srs bznz. Joey manages to contain that desire to know. At least for now. 

[Balance Without Fault] [typing, folks!  sorry it's taking a while!] 

[Balance Without Fault] Balance considers Amunet a moment, then nods.  "Fair enough.  Let's move on."

A moment's pause, reflective.  Then Balance takes another drink of water, sets the eightball down beside him, and speaks.

"I think we got somewhere tonight.  I think we addressed a lot of concerns, some minor and some major, that needed to be talked about.  That said, I think there's still a lot up in the air, and it's pretty evident that we need a more permanent mode of communication between the kin and the Garou of this Sept.

"I'm taking a page from my tribesmen in southern California.  I'm hereby creating two new offices in this Sept: a Sept liaison amongst the kin, and a Kin liaison amongst the Garou.  Their task is simple.  They represent the kin and the Garou, respectively, and they interface with each other to make sure there's an open line of communication at all times.

"If a kin has an issue that requires the attention of the Garou, bring it to the Sept Liaison.  He or she is the voice of the kin in this Sept.  Whatever the issue, the Sept Liaison is in charge of speaking to the appropriate Tribal Alpha to find a resolution, or -- if it's a matter that affects all the Garou -- the Kin Liaison.  The Sept Liaison is also tasked with passing critical information from the kin to the Garou.  I will <i>consider</i> allowing the Sept Liaison to stand witness at the Crackings of the Bone, though I want to hear the Philodox Elder's opinion on protocol and precedent first.

"In complement, the Kin Liaison will attend coalition meetings -- primarily as a listener, but also as a voice for the Garou when necessary.  The Kin Liaison will have a direct line to me and the other Sept and Tribal Elders as necessary.  It's also my hope that the Kin Liaison will have the basic leadership skills necessary to independently handle minor issues.

"Now, as to who will fulfill these roles -- Mirror's Whisper, you spoke earlier of your pack's role.  It seems to me that you're ideally suited to our Kin Liaison.  If you're willing, the job is yours." 

[Wyrmbreaker] It's in the middle of Balance's speech that the door opens and Wyrmbreaker slips back in.  He takes his seat by Danicka again.  He looks a little worn out, but -- rather glad, surprisingly.

There's no blood on him anywhere.  He takes his mate's hand as he sits, squeezes it once, and then turns to pay attention to the Grand Elder. 

[Amunet Knezevic] Her breath catches and holds.   There is absolutely no doubt how much she desires to be named to the newly formed position. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget pays a glance to Amy, her face grows concerned. Her eyes flick back to Balance Without Fault as she backs away towards the bar, making herself less obtrusive. Bridget won't touch that with a ten foot pole unless someone beat her with it and tied it to her arms. 

[Honor's Compass] [I'm typing!] 

[Matthieu] He nods his head back at Balance without Fault and his smile shows."Thank you, I should like that my pack serve as a representative not only of the Garou but as a display of what the Garou and Kin can accomplish together. I would proudly accept the role as I would never wish our kin in this sept to go without a voice. They are the heart of our society and I should like that we can repair any rifts between us soon enough."He smiles and looks to the other Kin present. 

[Honor's Compass] Honor's Compass has been frowning in consideration for some time as discussion and debate wore on; when Balance Without Fault calls for her opinion on the matter of a Kinfolk standing in attendance at the Moots, she stirs and tosses a wave of silky gold hair over a shoulder; taking hold once more of the ball.

"I see no true issue with the appointed Kinfolk Liaison attending Moots <i>within reason</i>. I do not believe that unless they have matters to bring forward, they need be present and when they are, it would be my advice, Rhya, that they speak only when other matters have been addressed -- unless there is reason why they should speak before the collected Garou.

I would further suggest that bearing in mind whoever gains this position, that their tribal Alpha be held responsible for their safety and conduct during appearances at our Moots." 

[Balance Without Fault] [dibs list: kate --> BWF!] 

[Balance Without Fault] [i'm an idiot, it wasn't refreshing.] 

[Balance Without Fault] Balance Without Fault listens to Katherine; it's readily apparent that her word is carefully attended to and weighed.  Nodding, he takes the eightball back.

"Fair enough.  The Sept Liaison may attend the Cracking of the Bone as a witness.  He or she may speak if and only if they have a valid concern to bring forth on behalf of all the kin.  The tribal Alpha of this kin is held responsible for the Sept Liaison's safety and conduct.

"With that said, I'll consider nominations for the Sept Liaison now." 

[Hunter] [dibs] 

[Hunter] Hunter takes the eight ball for the second time tonight and by the way he keeps glancing over his shoulder at the kitchen it's probably going to be the last time. 

"Let me just say Amy's eager if nuthin' else. She wants to help n'despite all that's been said tonight, I think her hearts in the right place which is more than can be said for some kinfolk. 

In saying that, I spoke with Imogen Slaughter, she's agreed to step in and help out the cause that Amy's started n'I think we'd all be fools not to consider her for nomination. She couldn't be here tonight cause she's cleanin' up the mess one'a our kind left behind, but I think she'd do this if it were offered to her."

The way he looks at Amy is apologetic if anything, but having said his piece, he hands the eight ball on. 

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget makes her way quietly over to Patrick, then leans over and whispers something quietly to her Tribal Elder. It is the briefest of moments before she touches his shoulder and retreats into the kitchen. 

[Nash] [Oh shit I'm supposed to be proxying for Liz/Kora!

Yes.  Dibbage --> seconding of Hunter's nomination of Imogen for Kora.] 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[DIBS]] 

[Amunet Knezevic] <i> Just remember, some people there will be skeptical. Some may even try to show that you is not ready by trying to entice your anger. Do not let them bait you. </i>

She brushes her hair back, putting on her very best poker face.   It got them out of San Antonio unscathed, it can sure as fuck get her out of this meeting with at least a shred of dignity. 

[Balance Without Fault] [go ahead, sarita - jamie was just OOCing it!] 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita takes the 8-Ball.  And believe it or not, she actually considers the thing for a moment before she speaks.

"I really like this idea of Kin and a Sept Liasons.  It's thinking outside the box, which is something our people don't do often enough.  And it's my job...the job of all of my Auspice...to encourage thinking outside of the box, finding new ways to make the war work.  This is exactly one of those things, so I'm a fan."

"As to who...I've heard great things about Imogen.  I have absolutely no doubt that they're true.  But I don't know her.  I've never met her, or seen her around the Brotherhood during my admittedly short time here.  That's not saying she's negligent, and certainly I'm not here all the time.  But we have a lot of kin that come in and out of here.  Even the amount of time I've been here, I've seen a lot come and go.  We need someone who's regularly in contact with the kin and has their ear to the ground, and has ideas.  Maybe not always the best of ideas, but that's part of why they'll be working with others, Garou AND Kin.  Getting the right ideas pushed forward, and the well-meaning but not well thought-out ones squashed.  Which, to be honest, seems to be what's been happening."

She twirls the magic 8-Ball like a basketball for a moment, staring at it, then looks up.  "Amunet's done the legwork.  She's got her ear to the ground, and she's got the drive.  She's got the right ideas, even if some of the wrong are there too sometimes, and she's willing to listen and hear other people's opinions, take them into account, and learn from what hasn't worked to make the right things work better.  I think she's the right person for the job." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[spins on her finger.  Y'know, Harlem Globetrotter style.  Since "twirls" don't make no sense. :P]] 

[Joey] [Dibs!] 

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs, as well.] 

[Balance Without Fault] [joey --> danicka] 

[Joey] Joey holds out her hands for the magic eight ball, catches it easily if it gets tossed her way. Before she speaks, she grins at her auspicemate, would tip her hat if she were wearing one.

"My associate raises some good points. As for stickin' around, Imogen's a <i>rock</i>. She's been here since long before I got here, an' I'm pretty sure she'll still be standing' when the world's finally fallin' to pieces. That said," she tosses the eight ball from one hand to the other, "Sarita's right. She'd be a good candidate an' all, but she's not <i>here</i>. She's out there, helpin' clean up after our messes, but still.

"So how 'bout someone who <i>is?</i>" Holding the magic eight ball with one hand, once again she uses it to point, this time to the Shadow Lord kinswoman by Lukas' side. "I suggest Danicka. She's been around a long while, an' though I don't know 'er much beyond her reputation, she's always been nice an' respectful." When it seems the woman in question would like the ball next, Joey doesn't toss it directly to her. Remembering the earlier incident, she instead lobs it underhand to Lukas. 

[Joey] [oh god random apostrophe should make that "standin'" please don't mistake her for Hunter!] 

[Wyrmbreaker] Lukas catches the eightball and, since he has it anyway, speaks up.

"I second that," he says, "and not because she's my mate.  Because she's spoken sense every time she opened her mouth.  Because she's respected by the spirits, and pays them respects in return.  And because a year ago she did the legwork and set up a coalition before handing it over to the leadership of another kin -- who promptly disappeared.

"She's proved herself.  If she wants the job," and he looks at Danicka for a moment here, considering, "I'd listen to her."

He passes it over to her. 

[Matthieu] [I need to AFK a little bit hopefully Matt isn't needed for the next half hour!] 

[Balance Without Fault] [see you in a bit dude!] 

[Joey] [it's so weird seeing "dude" next to BWF's name] 

[Jackson Montgomery] [['Homey' would have been even better.]] 

[Honor's Compass] [CAN KATE SPEAK. ...oops, capsrage.] 

[Balance Without Fault] [danicka's got it, unless kate wants to snatch it out of her hands!] 

[Honor's Compass] [*steeples fingers* ...okay, not really. But Kate does want to add something.] 

[Nash] [Rage, rage against the locking of the caps.] 

[Balance Without Fault] [Fencing Fox just IMed me to check on the proceedings.  She wants to say Daoi would have been present, but she has to go to work, and wanted to second either Imogen or Danicka.  Also, she is vehemently against Amunet, Neda, Carter and Mickey.  So.  Consider her NPCed!] 

[Joey] [Do not go gentle into that good caps?] 

[Danicka Musil] When she initially held up her hand to signal that she'd like the 8-ball to be passed to her when it was her turn, Joey had not spoken yet.  And Danicka had opinions on both Amunet and Imogen.  The truth is, what she has to say about one was touched on -- but not expounded on -- by Hunter.  What she had to say about Imogen has been said twice now.

And then <i>Lukas</i> joins in, because Joey the athlete decided not to hurl a hard plastic ball at Danicka's head, and Danicka turns her head to look at the Ahroun Elder.  Those who can see past the curtain of her hair over her cheek can see quite plainly that it is, in fact, a Look.

By the time the Magic 8-Ball that is representing the right to speak uninterrupted in this gathering comes into her hands, Danicka's had to completely reform what she wants to say.  Nice and respectful, the Rotagar calls her.  The Rotagar who wasn't here when she lied, smiling, to the face of the woman who is now the Philodox Elder and an Adren.  The Rotagar wasn't here when Danicka whipped around and <i>reamed out</i> a Modi in public

then promptly left town, lest he come after her.  <i>Eeek.</i>

Danicka takes a breath.  "I think Dr. Slaughter, if she's willing to do a job she doesn't yet know exists, would be a more than adequate choice.  She's abrasive at best, but she's also proven herself more than any other Kin in the city.  She would be capable, if not sentimental.  One of the first times I met her, she turned and fired on Spirals so that the rest of us could run.  As cold as she can be, it would be wrong to suggest that she hasn't proven herself willing to fight and die for all of us.  As dismissive as she can be, and absence tonight notwithstanding, she holds more respect in the eyes of Garou than anyone else."

A pause.  She does not address Amunet as a candidate -- either what she wants to say has already been said, or does not need to be said.  "As for my own nomination, I'm flattered."  A beat.  She knew easily what she had to say about Imogen.  It is not, however, easy for Danicka to talk about herself.  Not with this many people, and so many of them Garou, listening.  Not with her own reputation -- and, frankly, Lukas's -- affected by what comes out of her mouth.  She takes another deep breath.  "I suppose I accept.  I would be honored to do my best, if chosen."

Chosen, she says.  Not elected.  Her eyes are on Balance Without Fault, but only meeting his for a moment before -- ever so respectfully -- dropping to his cheekbone instead.  She offers the ball out to someone who can hand it to Katherine, who has lifted her hand.  Danicka does not lob anything, thank you. 

[Honor's Compass] Perhaps in times gone past, Lukas might tense to see his pack-mate; her pale eyes firmly fixed on his mate request permission from the Grand Elder to address their peers and other Kinfolk alike. Perhaps he'd clench his teeth in desperate hopes she was not about to open her mouth and opine about -- well, who ever knew -- but while the Silver Fang Elder studies the Shadow Lord Kinfolk nominated alongside a Fianna Kinswoman absent tonight -- she does not do so with apparent glorying malice.

Rather, there's a certain amount of quiet reflection to be had, in all honesty. 

"While I respect Doctor Slaughter's capacities a great deal, I find that I do not believe, knowing her only, I admit, as passingly as I do, that she would willingly take up this position. Imogen Slaughter does not particularly revel in long periods of association around our kind.

My feeling is she <i>endures</i> such, as often as she may foster relationships with some." Here Katherine's eyes tick to Kora.

"So it would be my vote to elect Danicka Musil, and add that while she has suffered -- setbacks, tonight -- and needs to be more controlled in expressing her opinion, Amunet should not be ignored for this, either. She has put in considerable time and effort, and the last thing this Sept needs or wants are Kinfolk who, feeling excluded or resentful, get themselves into trouble.

Work together, please. I have seen too many Kinfolk of my tribe and without who wind up lost, gone or simply dead.

I do not wish to witness it again." 

[Balance Without Fault] [any more dibbers?  i'm gonna start typing.] 

[Balance Without Fault] The magic eightball makes it way around the room, sometimes passed, sometimes tossed.  Eventually it comes back to Balance Without Fault, who catches it with a sort of ease that suggests once upon a time he might've played ball for his highschool.

Once he has it, he turns it over in his hands for a moment.  Then he looks at the kin who have, by and large, stood so silent thus far.

"This is your representative I'm choosing.  Any thoughts?" 

[Balance Without Fault] [i'ma give people a couple min to call dibs, and then we're rollin' on.] 

[Derek Anderson] Derek watched and listened, silent. He didn't say anything or reacted to any of the nominated canditates. Whoever they chose was fine by him. After all, he doesn't need much and if something come up, well he could always reach Katherine.  He was sad for those whom the old ways weren't working but it was for him.

So why change something that isn't broken? No reason. He was just there as a witness, because all kin were asked to come. And he stayed in the main area for it was disrecpectful to go awya in the kitchen while business that touched everyone was discussed.

He hasn'said anything but he had been there and won't be able to complain later if things turn out badly. 

[Jackson Montgomery] Jackson looks up.  "Since this is my chance to speak up...I would choose Amy.  I only vaguely know Danicka, no offenser.  I've been working with Amy, and so have others who weren't able to make it here.  And I believe that someone who is involved with the current make-up should be doing it."

Not very wordy, but it gets his point across. 

[Nash] [Thanks for the scene, all!  I'm told I have to go partake in a threeway or something, idk.] 

[Quinn] [I'm sorry, guys, I can't stay up any longer, I have to be up for work in a ridiculously small amount of time. Both of my PCs would stick it out until the end, and then disappear into the night. Good night!] 

[Balance Without Fault] Balance lets that silence hang, his eyes moving from kin to kin, all around the room.  It stretches on.  It gets a little uncomfortable.  It gets a lot uncomfortable.  Then the Grand Elder puts the eightball down on the arm of his chair again.  Stands.

"I have," he says, "the utmost respect for Imogen Slaughter.  She very nearly has the renown of a Cliath Ahroun -- and it's no secret that the spirits do not pay attention to our kin as they do our Garou.  To gather such a reputation under such odds is no small accomplishment, wolves and kin of the Maelstrom, and she is to be respected.

"However," he turns directly to Hunter and Kora, "it must also be said that Dr. Imogen Slaughter, while faultlessly dedicated and loyal to our cause, has never been one to involve herself too deeply in the Sept's politics.  Or, as far as I could tell, one who wanted to do so.  She's not here tonight because she's out there doing what she does best -- working for the cause in her own way, on her own time, without our interference.  And that's fine.  The work she does justifies that.  Her renown stands alone.

"Bear in mind that I'm not dictating the leader of the coalition tonight.  That's up to the kin, and that's yet to be decided.  If you want my opinion, Imogen Slaughter would be a very fine choice.  However, <i>this</i> role we discuss tonight, the role she's been nominated for, is one of mediation, of elbow-rubbing, of talking, of listening, of <i>liaising</i>.  And I agree with Sarita, and with the Philodox and Ragabash Elders.  She may not be suited to this.  She may not even want it.  She's not here to decide for herself, and I won't pin this title on her in her absence.

"On the other hand, Danicka Musil's name carries weight in this Sept.  She is known for her wisdom, and for glory.  She's tried before to organize the kin, and she's proven her ability tonight to speak calmly, and with sense, even in the face of controversy and dissent.  I agree with the Auspice Elders who have spoken.  She deserves this role, and I trust her with it.

"If you accept this duty, Danicka, it's yours."

A pause.  Then he turns to the final contender.

"And that leaves Amunet Knezevic.  Amunet, I agree with your sister, Sarita, and your friend, Jackson, when they say your heart is in the right place.  You want this position, I can see it.  You want to do well.

"I can't ignore that you've caused no small amount of controversy tonight; that some of your ideas were flawed, and others were borderline insane.  I can't trust you to speak alone for the kin.  Not when one kin has spoken vehemently against you; not when, at times tonight, you had trouble explaining your own actions.  I'm sorry.

"But the Philodox Elder speaks with wisdom: we should reward those who try hardest.  We are not," a wry nod to the Shadow Lord contingent, "a Shadow Lord Sept, that counts everything by results alone.  We do not disregard heartfelt attempts, no matter how futile.  After all, it might be argued our entire war is one heroic, futile attempt.

"So here's what I'll do.  While Danicka Musil is the Sept Liaison -- if she's willing, and if you're willing -- you may serve as her assistant.  You may appear where she does, attend what meetings she attends.  You can listen, and learn.  In time, if your elders feel it appropriate, you may be given duties and responsibilities of your own interfacing between Garou and Kin.

"Will you accept this duty?" 

[Amunet Knezevic] She waits.  There isn't anything to be said, after all, until Danicka has her say. 

[Danicka Musil] A deep breath is taken before Danicka answers, and she is not surprised Amunet does not want to speak til she has.  There's no need to wait for the Magic 8-Ball this time; it's done being passed around.  She's sitting up straight on the barstool she chose at the start of all this, and nods.  "I would be honored," she says, which is only what she said before.  But this does confirm it: she's willing.

"I would be glad to work with either Dr. Slaughter or Amunet, whoever leads the coalition Amunet's reforming, as a colleague who will help me know what issues the Kinfolk need communicated to the Sept.  I would also be more than happy to have Amunet as an... assistant, if she is amenable to it."  There's a pause, and then she turns her head slightly, looking at Amunet.  "But before you answer, I do want you to understand one thing very clearly.  If you decided you wanted to assist me, I would need you to not only help me, but trust me."  A beat.  She stops mincing words.  "And frankly, obey me.  Not as an automaton, not without a voice, not without respectful discussion, but ultimately, as a subordinate.  If you don't believe you are willing to place yourself in that position, then ...be my colleague only as a member of, or leader of, the coalition." 

[Amunet Knezevic] <i>He would be so disappointed in you right now...</i>

She nods once then smiles, directing her reply to BWF and sounding a little too much like her Shadow Lord mate in her perfectly enunciated reply.   "I will of course serve the Nation in any fashion that you see fit, Rhya.   Thank you for the opportunity." 

[Starla] Starla's still there.... despite someone going to bed, this is still happening. It ain't a dream. She blinks, looks at the proceedings that have somehow woken her up in the chair and sits and stares at all of them. The corners of her mouth twisting and flattening suddenly. 

[Balance Without Fault] Balance shakes his head quietly.  "It's not an order, Amunet.  It's a duty that you can take up or lay down as you wish.  If you want it -- if you can live with what Danicka just said, and with the boundaries I've delineated -- then it's yours.

"Otherwise, you may reject it without dishonor." 

[Amunet Knezevic] Her eyes flicker to Danicka, then back.   "I feel as if I should at the very least make sure that Miss Musil is up to speed on what's being worked currently.   Perhaps we should revisit the question of my continuing role once the preliminary details have been addressed." 

[Danicka Musil] Her brows draw together, her forehead wrinkled in a vague look of confusion, but Danicka doesn't interrupt. 

[Balance Without Fault] "As you wish.  If you want the role, let Danicka know.  Otherwise, I hope you do continue the work you've begun -- albeit in a more moderated manner.

"Now then.  Let's wrap up.

"Matthieu Mirror's Whisper, you are our Kin Liaison.  I suggest you make use of your Galliard talent to announce this far and wide.  Danicka Musil, you are our Sept Liaison.  I'd suggest getting in touch with your fellow kin to spread the word.

"Together, the two of you are responsible for maintaining an open line of communication between Garou and kin, for keeping one another up to speed on the developments on both sides, and for being the first point of mediation in conflicts between Garou and kin.  You should interact with individual Tribal Alphas, with the Philodox Alpha, with individual kin, and with each other.  In dire circumstances, you may come before me, but it's my hope that you'll be able to settle most issues independently, or with the assistance of your Septmates.

"Furthermore, Matthieu, you're responsible for attending kin coalition meetings as a listener and as a voice for the Garou.  Danicka, you will be present at the Cracking of the Bone as a witness and, if necessary, as a voice for the kin.  Your mate will stake his honor on your conduct and safety.

"I suggest the two of you meet with each other soon after this meeting and better delineate your working relationship.  Here's hoping it'll be a long one."

Addressing the gathered, then:

"If there's nothing else, wolves and kin of the Maelstrom, thank you for coming.  I think we've taken significant steps forward tonight, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this kin coalition pans out.  There's still food in the kitchen, if you want to take some home -- otherwise, I'll bid you a good night." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita stands and looks at the Galliard Elder.  "Before you go, Matthieu...we need to talk."  The look she fixes on him is a direct one.  It's not angry, but there is something a bit...intense in it.  "Just give me a moment."

She makes her way over to Amy, reaching out to touch the other's shoulder.  "Hey..." 

[Amunet Knezevic] "Hey"  She smiles brightly, leaning to give Sarita a quick hug.   "Thank you. That was very nice of you." 

[Balance Without Fault] [hey guys, i'm bowing BWF out.  thanks to everyone who stayed for the whole, 9-hour shebang! @_@ that was a lot of fun and pretty intense at times, but overall reminded me why i don't do the moots live *LOL*] 

[Jackson Montgomery] Jackson waits until it looks like they're getting ready to go, and he looks up.  He nods to the Trueborn around and moves to head out with his fellow Gaian kin.

[[Thanks Damon!]] 

[Kyle] He's been quiet the entire time. Not that he'd have been heard clearly but he really didn't have much to say. Casually he stands and while he walks stretches out a kink from his back. Stops near Amunet and gives that casual smile but the concern in his eyes is obvious.
<i>"You doing ok?"</i> 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Oh, shut the fuck up."  She grins a bit, leaning into the hug.  "It wasn't nice, it was the truth."  She leans in, murmuring in Spanish. 

[Matthieu] Matthieu listens quietly and nods his head."I should like to speak to both Danicka and Amunet as soon as that much can be arranged. I look forward to seeing the direction this will head." 

[Leon Davenport] Leon looked at Sarita when he spoke top his Alha and he grinned. He had a good idea what the Strider want to talk to him about. Well, he didn't care. There was nothing there and if hse pressed the issue, he hope Matthieu would tell her to be reasonable.

He doubted she would.  "Have a good night Matthieu" he say to the Galliard and start to move away, unless his Alpha wnat him around for his talk with the Strider 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] ~sp~ "You made me very proud tonight.  Don't you dare let yourself think anything differently.  I love you." 
to Amunet Knezevic

[Hunter] [Hunter bailed for the kitchen awhile ago! I'm bailing now too, cya later all thanks for the scene.. or saga.. I don't think scene does it justice.] 

[Amunet Knezevic] "I'm fine, Kyle.  Thank you.  It's good to see you again."    The smile doesn't so much as flicker, turned from Kyle back to Sarita as she nods in response to whatever was said to her. 

[Derek Anderson] The meeting was over, he needed to get home. He texted Kristen, asking her if she felt like joining him at his place. He bid farewell to Lukas and Katherine, as well as Danicka since she was beside the Shadow Lord Adren "Congatulation"he tell her

Sarita and Amy gets both a nod and he heads out 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She sighs a bit, looking concerned.  She gives Amy a hug once more.  "I need to talk to Matthieu.  Let's do something in the next day or two, okay?" 

[Prayers to Broken Stone] [Thanks all! If nobody needs my PCs, I'ma say they both wander out. :)] 

[Amunet Knezevic] "Of course.  Come by the condo."   She hugs her sister, then lets her go and moves toward Stefan as he emerges from upstairs. 

[Danicka Musil] Danicka nods, rather simply, to Balance Without Fault, a gesture of respect and perhaps gratitude, though not for the position so much as the trust it implies.  When he closes the meeting, she slides off of her barstool and walks over to Matthieu before people can stir up and depart too quickly.

She takes a small pad of paper out of her bag and writes down her number, handing it over to him.  "You can call me whenever you need to.  Weekends and evenings are best, due to classes, but I'll make myself available to your schedule."

To Amunet, when she makes her way over there, she gives a small smile.  "If you change your mind, let me know.  But you have my contact information.  It's now literally my job to make sure you and the rest of the coalition are involved, informed, and heard.  So don't hesitate."

Making sure the Tribal Alphas and other Kin know how to get in touch with her and even know who she is will wait another day, though, it seems.  Danicka moves back towards Lukas and, catching Katherine's eye briefly as she does so, gives the other woman a small smile, perhaps coming with a little more difficulty than the one she gave to Amunet.  A small nod.  The meaning there is even harder to read than the Look she gave Lukas earlier.

Katherine will understand, though.  They haven't always had the best and brightest relationship, these two.

She leans over to Lukas then and exhales as she gathers up her coat, saying something quietly to him. 

[Matthieu] He stands slowly and nods his head back to Sarita. His attention on her before he looks to the others."Let's go speak away from prying ears then shall we?"He asks her as he begins to lead her in the direction of the Kitchen. 

[Kyle] <i>"You're busy. I'll catch you around the tracks I guess."</i>
Looks to both Sarita and Amunet as he casually makes his way for the kitchen to grab a snack and head up stairs. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She nods to Matthieu once Amy is gone, looking to him.  "Sounds good."  He moves to follow along behind him.

Explain yourself

Posted: March 25, 2011 in Uncategorized
Tags:
[Amunet  Knezevic] It feels like forever since she's been here.  The block with the house is avoided, but otherwise she's tromping around like she owns the place, heading more or less in the direction of the garage.   If they flat out don't want her here, someone will find her and that will accomplish her purpose just as easily as hunting them down. 

[Oliver] Some habits die hard. Or were just formed for all the right reasons. Defiance, that small upstart pack that claims some small pocket of Bronzeville, doesn't have a set patrolling schedule. But their Beta is out, anyway, dressed perhaps more heavily for the weather than a Chicago native might. There's a leather jacket over her dark hoodie, and a black wool cabbie hat tugged low over her eyes, jeans, boots, a messenger bag. She doesn't look the type to roam these streets safe, she's too white, too pretty, too feminine. Yet no one bothers the tallish athletic blonde as she roams, dark eyes darting to and fro, like a cop on a beat, only with considerably more swagger. Looking for things that seem out of place.

Like a pretty teenager walking with a purpose. She recognizes the kinswoman, last seen at John's Gathering. Dark eyes narrow slightly, and she adjusts her path to interrupt the girl.

"Hey," she greets with an upward nod. As usual, there is nothing in place to hide the terrible scarring on her throat. "What're you doin' here?" Inside the pockets of her bomber jacket, her hands are balled into loose fists, contained for now. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She's in his jacket, over jeans and a tank top despite the fact that it's far too cold and she's freezing.  

Her chin lifts, eyes meeting the other woman's without hesitation.   "Hey.  I'm looking for you, actually.  We need to talk." 

[Oliver] Her chin tips down. The lift of dark blonde brows would be lost beneath the brim of her hat if not for it's affect on her eyes. "'Bout what?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She looks over her shoulder, finding the streets otherwise empty.  She's quiet as she gathers her thoughts quickly, refining the planned speech which now seems completely inadequate.   Finally she just sighs, fingers running in her hair.

"I'm sorry.  About the car, about them going off the fucking rails, about getting him killed, all of it.  I don't know what to fucking say, because I know that doesn't really cover it." 

[Oliver] When Amy looks over her shoulder, Joey's eyes flick to follow. She's attentive to their surroundings, is aware that there is at least one nosy neighbor peering past curtains to see the two young women on the sidewalk. There are kids on bikes, eager to begin play though spring has only barely begun to sprout around them, on the next street over. And she knows that there's no one and nothing behind Amy, no immediate threats to either of them. The freshly minted Shadow Lord gathers her thoughts, and all the while Joey is silent, watching. A handful of seconds pass after she says what she has to say, before Joey says a word.

Then: "Why d'you think you got him killed?" No accusation to the question, this is not an interrogation, the questioning of a No Moon intended to drive a lesson home, just curiosity. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Because if he hadn't come back when he did, he wouldn't ave been killed.  If I hadn't come back here, there would have been no reason for him to come back." 

She starts to speak a little faster, as the thread of reason unravels.  

"If I had woken Mano up instead of freaking out and running, there wouldn't have been any coming back to be done.  If I had kept my mouth shut and not told Mano that I got hit, he wouldn't have freaked the fuck out and neither of them would have frenzied.   If I had kept my goddamned mouth shut in the first place, Leon never would have lost his shit with me." 

[Oliver] "That's fuckin' retarded." Simple, succinct. Joey tilts her head slightly, studying Amy's face. She sucks in a breath, looks away up at the cloud-choked sky. And she shakes her head. The corners of her mouth lift in the faintest hint of a smile.

"Seriously, that's the dumbest thing I've heard all week. First off, John would've died anywhere anyway, it just would've been done by someone else. Unless <i>you</i>," she says, the word lilting upward, a brow lifting with it, "actually somehow used some voodoo on him, him dyin's not on you or anyone else. An' you runnin' prob'ly didn't have anything to do with any've it. John cut ties with us before we knew you took the car."

It's not exactly an absolution of blame, there's no comfort in the young Garou's voice, no need to put the girl's mind at ease. But, maybe, it's something.

"As for the rest've that? Maybe you should think shit over before you say it if you're just gonna regret it later." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Yeah.  Maybe I should."

Joey brings the total to four.  Four people she's confessed to, four people who have told her she's wrong.

"Well, it sure as fuck wasn't Hunter's fault, like he said.  That was bullshit." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Yeah.  Maybe I should."

Joey brings the total to four.  Four people she's confessed to, four people who have told her she's wrong.

"Well, it sure as fuck wasn't Hunter's fault, like he said.  That was bullshit." 

[Oliver] Dark eyes roll, and Joey gives another slight shake of her head. "Dude, if it fuckin' <i>rains</i> Hunter thinks it's his fault. John dyin' wasn't on anyone, an' him leavin' wasn't on anyone but him. Don't you forget that," she says, leaning forward slightly, her hand leaving her pocket to tap her index finger once on Amy's forehead, right between the eyes. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She scowls, glancing away.  "You're a lot less pissed than I though you would be." 

[Oliver] She shrugs. "I might've been. I got over most've it. I still owe you for the car, though." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "I didn't know it was this big thing.  Not until John asked how I talked him into letting us take it, and I told him that I hadn't asked."   She gives Joey a sheepish smile.   "I took good care of it.  I swear." 

[Oliver] For a moment, Joey is silent. Her brows comes together, her lips disappear into a flat line, then pucker out again as she sucks on a tooth. Holding her hand inches from Amy's face, she wiggles her fingers. "Do these even work?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She blinks, eyes getting big  "What?" 

[Oliver] "Dude," she says, lowering her hand again, "anyone <i>not</i> fuckin' <i>blind</i> should be able t'see that car doesn't just get good care, it's fuckin' <i>loved</i>. That engine is better tuned than anything Jeff Gordon ever took to a track, an' it gets washed once a week. An' that's not even gettin' into the way Hunter looks at 'er. Hunter's never gonna take a mate 'cause EmmyLou got there first.

So I figure your eyes don't work so good if you couldn't see any've that, what with all the time I <i>know</i> you guys spent together." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She snorts first, then looks very, very guilty.   Her eyes flicker away, words half mumbled.  "We didn't spend that much time together...." 

[Oliver] "Please!" Joey tips her chin up, utterly incredulous. "Don't even give me that, I know you guys were the three amigos. Which means you should've known better, an' you should't've taken it <i>anyway</i>," she continues, voice rising slightly. "He's your friend, you don't take shit from your friend, 'specially not their goddamn <i>ride.</i> What the fuck is wrong with you?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "What the fuck was I supposed to do, Joey?  He was fucking BoLo.  All I could think of was getting him the fuck out of here before something happened.   And it's not like I fucking knew Mano well enough then to know it was going to be a big fucking clusterfuck.   John was my priority." 

[Oliver] "It wasn't your responsibility to get him the fuck out've dodge, it was his, an' if he'd bothered to remember he had a pack at all, it was ours. You know what he could've done to hide?" There's no pause, no room for an answer, "Crossed. BOOM. Nobody can find 'im." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] If anything, that adds to her guilt.   She looks like she's been slapped, and her eyes move away again. 

[Oliver] Not the kind to keep going when a point has obviously been made, Joey falls silent again. The look she gives Amy is hard, stern. Then, she huffs, shakes her head.

"I hear you're tryin' to round up the kin so you can help us more, an' that's awesome? But, helpin' us means y'gotta be able to use you're head when we're not usin' ours. That shit with John? That was neither've you usin' your heads. How's that gonna help anyone?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "I love him, Joey.  He loved me.  That kind of shit doesn't make sense.   I wouldn't even be doing this kin shit if he was still around." 

[Oliver] Her head angles slightly to the side, and her expression changes. She looks, if anything, disappointed.

"What would you be doin' instead if he was still around? An' why're you doin' it now?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Behaving myself.  Probably miserable.   You didn't see the look on his face after the Thundrerwyrm though.  When he came looking for me.   But he's gone, and I'm not going to just sit around.   Not when there's something that can be done, and kin that want to learn." 

[Oliver] "An' that somethin' to be done, that's videotapin' yourself gettin' your ass handed to you by one've us? Is that what you're gonna teach 'em?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "He tells you just about everything, doesn't he?" 

[Oliver] Joey's eyes narrow on the kinswoman. "I would've found out anyway, seein's as it's kinda my <i>job</i> to know the stupid shit kids like you get up to, hopefully be<i>fore</i> it turns into the mess the rest've us have to clean up. An' before you go doin' somethin' so," her nose scrunches, and her lips curls, "astro<i>nomically</i> stupid as that, maybe, just <i>maybe</i>, you should talk to the other kin an' make sure you're not showin' Robert Edwards how to use a band-aid." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Her head leans hard to the side, neck popping.   "They don't have a fucking clue what can happen to them.  Carter and them?  They've never been in the middle of it.  They don't know what it looks like.   This is a fuck of a lot safer than getting a last minute education just before they get their heads ripped the fuck off." 

[Oliver] "Girl, you just insulted at least <i>six</i> other kinfolk," she says coolly. "An' if these others don't know fuckall about what can happen to 'em, then they weren't raised right for one thing, or they <i>were</i> an' they're doin' a good job of stayin' the fuck out've the way. An' what if some dumbass actually agrees to do it?" she asks, brow raised. "Did'ja know they'd prob'ly lose renown? I know <i>I'd</i> think less've 'em. An' that's not even gettin' into the <i>serious</i> Veil breech if you lose the damn tape." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "I don't need him for this.   I don't fucking need him for anything.   He's the one making too big a fucking deal out of it.   You don't want him to do it, fine.  The less fucking contact I have with him the better it's going to be for eveybody." 

[Oliver] "Jesus," she mutters, shakes her head again, reaches up to rub her brow bone. "Talkin' to you's givin' me a fuckin' headache. Look," she continues, weary, "it's soundin' to me like you shouldn't be tryin' to do anything, 'cause <i>clearly</i> you don't give one single shit about consequences. <i>Anyone</i> who beats up kin, for <i>any</i> reason's gonna lose standing in the sept, 'cause it's our <i>fucking job</i> t'keep your asses safe. An' what're you gonna do? Have someone go Crinos and flick you across the room? On <i>camera?</i> In the age of <i>youtube?</i> Tell me. Seriously. What part of that is either smart or useful?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Do you think maybe I've thought it through a little further than that?  Jackson is going to encrypt the files, and there will be two copies, period.   This isn't a situation where it can get out because somebody was stupid.   All of that was already figured out before I started asking people." 

[Oliver] "Oh really?" she asks, eyes widening, nodding her head a little. "You're gonna have someone encrypt the files? That's awesome, really. Seriously. You know, I heard the other day someone found this encrypted flash drive? Someone else hacked into it in like five seconds." She shakes her head, and starts to turn, but stops.

"You do this, this stupidly retarded thing? You're gonna disrespect a lot've people, an' you might just get yourself killed. But, no, you go have fun with that." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Yeah.  Thanks."   Scowling, she pulls out her phone to text as she starts away. 

[Oliver] Joey just rolls her eyes. "Oh, I almost forgot. For the car," she explains, closing on Amy, fist raised. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She stops, waiting, looking back at Joey without flinching. 

[Oliver] [oof!]
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 1, 2, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6 (Failure at target 6)

[turnipspy] [AHAHAHAHAHAHA] 

[Oliver] [SERIOUSLY?!] 

[turnipspy] [ oh my god Joey don't play soft HIT HER LIKE YOU MEAN IT ] 

[Lurky Durky] [[Woooooooooooow]] 

[turnipspy] [ look at all those 5's kahseeno is like is this a bite?? what is this fist thing??] 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [Heh.  Joey hits like a girl] 

[Oliver] [hypothetical +1R for being called a girl, hypothetical subsequent frenzy roll]
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 6, 7, 10, 10 (Success x 4 at target 5)

[turnipspy] [AHAHAHAHA] 

[Oliver] The Rotagar closes, fist raised. Amy meets it, unflinching. It's possible that she knows, despite the apparent attack, that Joey wouldn't hit a kinfolk. At least not of her tribe, but regular kinfolk aren't made of the sterner stuff that makes up the Get of Fenris.

Her fist comes sailing towards the Shadow Lord's face, but stops, centimeters from her eyes.

Beyond that clenched hand, Joey's dark eyes are hard, harder than they've been for anyone in a long, long time.

"I find out you took another True's shit, I'll break you're fuckin' hands." Her own lowers away, and her chin tips up, her eyes hooded. "We clear?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Maybe she just wants to get hit.  Something that might be disappointment flickers in her eyes, but she nods once.

"Clear." 

[Oliver] She nods, just the once, accepting that, and and ignoring that look of disappointment. As she turns to walk away at last, she retrieves her own cell phone. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She heads the other way, hands stuffed into the pockets of the Carhartt. 

[Oliver] [and SCENE! *shoos away all the lurkers with a broom* Thanks for the scene, Ange!] 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [Thanks!]

Let’s go to a funeral

Posted: March 24, 2011 in Uncategorized
Tags: , , ,
[Black Dynamite] It's been one week since the death of the man outside Mickey's bar. Newspaper articles identified the man and the woman as Dylan and Tara Davis, and identified Dylan's death as a tragic accident caused by too much drinking on St. Patrick's Day, and notes that police are looking for the person driving the BMW that hit him and ran. No other foul play seems to be suspected, and cell phone pictures taken at the scene were too dark and shaky to be useful to police investigations. 

The funeral is today. The brother and sister - twins, according to the paper, though it would be hard to mistake them for anything but - are recent transplants to Chicago from the Atlanta area, but they apparently have no desire to send te body back for burial. It's a cold, gray day, and the cemetary, a small affair about ten miles outside Chicago proper, is almost empty. No other vehicles are present except an RV parked near the burial site, and no other mourners are there but the dead man's twin sister. Her brother is being buried in a small above-ground tomb. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *Ki is relieved, to say the least.  He has gotten assistance in getting dressed, so is hopefully appropriately dressed.  Unless something else was picked out for him.  Either way, he doesn't seem to mind in the slightest.  He is prepared to travel, and prepared to fight.  A little bit twitchy, to say the very least.* 

[Administrator] <b>snail, welcome to General Chicago (Day)</b> 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Amy's gathered them all at the cemetery, staying back and out of the way to watch for now.   She'd expected more people really.

Hell.  She'd expected SOME people.

"Okay.  Well.  Kind of hard to blend in with a crowd of one."   She keeps her voice low, so it doesn't carry to the woman at the tomb.   "Suggestions?" 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He raises his hand at that.*  I have an idea.  With no one else around, we can go up, and draw the woman away, and then punch her in the face. 

[Mickey Waller] Amy asked if she wanted to go to a funeral, and she's honestly curious about what the hell this is all about. She's got a hat on, one that hides her hair- pre-emptive, this time. Her kin fetch hangs under her shirt, and she's dressed non descriptly. She knows how to blend in, has done it countless times, as long as her hair is hidden.

... hard to blend with no people though.

There is a ghost of a smile at Ki's words, and a shake of her head. "... not entirely sure at all here. I've never seen a funeral of ONE before." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She's dressed down a bit.  By which she means no duster, just a leather jacket, black jeans and a matching black black T-Shirt.  Hey, it's a funeral.  She's dressing appropriately.  She frowns a bit as she looks the thing over, from her spot just behind Amy, looking over her shoulder.

"AWK-ward..."  She frowns.  "This is gonna be interesting." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Tell me again what happened when you pushed him, Ki." 

[Kieran Mondblume] I... pushed him, trying to keep him away from the girl.  I didn't MEAN to push him into the street, I just meant to push him out of the WAY.  *He is talking quietly - it seems he CAN.  He IS a Ragabash, after all.* 

[Black Dynamite] Even the priest looks bored as he intones meaningless platitudes. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. He stands over the coffin, a cheap, ugly affair obviously chosen due to price rather than any other considerations, mouthing words that he's said a thousand times. Tara, the twin sister, is dressed in a black pantsuit, a black jacket, wearing a dark hat and dark glasses and leather gloves, holding a handkerchief to her mouth as she sobs. A few groundskeepers stand behind her, clearly having been paid to help move the coffin into the mausoleum, elbowing each other and laughing just quietly enough to be only mildly disrespectful. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "He smiled."  She frowns.  "The fucker sat there in the street and smiled just before he got hit.  That's what happened." 

[Kieran Mondblume] And that, *he agrees with Sarita.  He looks back to the woman.*  We know she's evil.  Why don't I just go up to her and offer my sympathies and draw her over here? 

[Mickey Waller] "Because she probably won't come over here if she's evil?" Mickey offers quietly. "And she probably knows a couple of our faces." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "And we don't know that she's evil.  Maybe she's just possessed."  Yeah.  Because that would be better. 

[Kieran Mondblume] If she's possessed, she's fomor.  And still needs to be elimi... *He pauses.  And he blinks.*  Wait.  Should a couple of us approach umbral?  Check it out, see what is possessing her? 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "I'd already be there, if I could." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "It could be something else affecting her...not fomori-level permanent.  Just...influence."  She looks at Ki and nods.  "That's not a bad idea.  I'll cross over and take a look." 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He smiles faintly, and he looks back around.  Trees?  Anywhere where he can sneak into the Umbra?* 

[Black Dynamite] The cemetary is fairly wide open - not much in the way of trees. It's mostly empty, though, so it shouldn't be hard at all to find some place to be alone. The short service is just starting to break up. The groundskeepers stop snickering long enough to start for the cheap coffin, and Tara steps aside, her wail audible even from where the Garou crouch. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He will peek through the Gauntlet then.* 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((what IS the Gauntlet rating here?)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((call it 6)) 

[Kieran Mondblume]  
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 1, 8 (Failure at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] *He squints, and looks a little bit frustrated.  He's just trying to peer through, to see the woman's reflection.*  Ahh... someone else back me up on this? 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She gestures to Sarita, then smiles and shrugs at Mickey/ 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She nods a little bit and grins at Ki.  "Don't worry...I got this."  A wink and she goes to look across.

[[GN]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 3, 10, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] She shrugs a little back at Amy- she's got NO clue what's going on. But she waits, to see what they're looking for.... in midair. 

[Administrator] <b>Adara Mires, welcome to General Chicago (Day)</b> 

[Black Dynamite] The coffin is carried into the mausoleum, while the bereaved sister wails. Once it's inside, the priest walks towards her, talking quietly. Only a few words are exchanged, then he rests his hand on the woman's shoulder and starts winding his way down the pathway towards the cemetery gates. The groundskeepers eventually move aside, 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Jesus fuck she's fucking drama queen..."   She waits, arms crossed so she doesn't scratch at her tattoo. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She frowns as she turns her attention toward the RV.

"Jesus's fuckstain, that's repuslive."  Probably almost as repulsive as the idea of Jesus leaving a fuckstain.  She nods toward the RV.

"That's a goddamn Wyrm factory, right there." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "What the fuck do you mean, a Wyrm factory?" 

[Adara Mires] She arrived late, dressed in a dark pair of jeans, dark blouse and a jacket ver it. She  spotted Amy and Mickey, silently making her way to them, slowly, looking at different tombstones until she reach them, letting her rage announce her "Good day tyou two"

She say, looking in te direction they were looking "Hmmm is she really alone at the funeral or people have left already?" 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He looks back to Sarita.  And his head swivels back to the van.*  So... we take THAT down?  How can you kill a van? 

[Mickey Waller] She gives Sarita a questioning look, silently echoing Amy's question. A faint nod to Adara, distracted. "Nope, just her..." 

[Black Dynamite] The RV doesn't seem that impressive in the physical world. It's relatively small, and would probably sleep a family of six without too much discomfort. It's an old model, probably ten or twenty years old, and is in desperate need of a wash. Something is wrong with the undercarriage, as it seems to be almost scraping the ground. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "The thing is..."  She wrinkles her nose, shaking her head.  "It's fucking...little bane gargoyles on the roof.  It's like the RV itself is being spiritually corrupted."  She pauses.  "Which makes sense why we name our cars.  They do have spirits...but anyway.  They may be weaker, but I don't really know for sure." 

[Administrator] <b>vikthya, welcome to General Chicago (Day)</b> 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She breaks into a bright smile.  "Fucking awesome." 

[Kieran Mondblume] What about the girl? 

[Administrator] <b>vikthya has switched to Caern & Surrounding Territories (Now)</b> 

[Mickey Waller] "Was it used for bad things?" She sounds very confused, like she doesn't get how the hell the RV is corrupted. It's an RV. How does that WORK? 

[Adara Mires] She listened to them, nodding to Sarita and Ki as well (sorry wasn't sure if all were together)

She look at Sarita "So, what should we do? I have no intetion to make a public mess liek the other night. Not that we could have expected the guy to let himself get killed by a car. "

She look at the van "And blowing up the RV right now, wouldn't be the wisest thing to do, though the most expedient" 

[Black Dynamite] The woman looks around for a moment, ensuring that the priest and the groundskeepers are gone, then heads over to the RV. She opens one of the doors on the side and steps inside. A few seconds later she's coming back out, helping an old man down the steps to the ground. "Old" doesn't quite do this man justice - he's positively ancient. One can practically hear his bones creaking as he steps down the stairs, pulling an oxygen tank along behind him. His skin is almost translucent, showing a network of blue veins all over his body, and what remains of his hair is wispy and barely there. The whites of his eyes have yellowed to a shocking degree, and he's incredibly unkempt, wearing a greasy, filthy "I (HEART) USA" t-shirt and a pair of slacks covered in unidentifiable stains. His nails are long and untrimmed. He moves slowly, walking with the woman towards the mausoleum. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Um, yeah.  Blowing up the RV wouldn't kill the banes that are across the Gauntlet anyway."  She looks around, eyes unfocused as she frowns.  "Point my head just to make sure, but I didn't see the woman when I looked." 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He grits his teeth.*  Okay.  Then I'm just going through already.  *And he proceeds to try and go through the Gauntlet properly, not waiting any more.* 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Who the fuck said anything about blowing it up?   Check out the guy." 

[Mickey Waller] She cocks her head as she looks at the old lady and the man, frowning at his yellow eyes- Jaundice? But she helpfully reaches up,. gently moving Sarita's head in the direction of the woman and the old man. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Dude, Ki, if you just hop through and attack and get yourself killed, don't forget I'm a fucking Strider and I'll find my way through the god damned Dark Umbra just to drag your ass back so I can curbstomp you myself." 

[Adara Mires] She tilt her head at Amy bot doesn't add anything. She simply watch the woman with the old man "So...we have banes attached to the van, but have no idea what those two are."

She look at Sar "Should we handle the Banes then come back for the woman and grandpa?" 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Um...there's literally nothing there."  She frowns.  "I can't see them...they're being blocked or some shit.  And the gargoyles have spotted me, buy the way..." 

[Kieran Mondblume] So come with me.  *He grins at Sarita.*  And we can kick ass together.  *His grin is more of a gritted teeth expression.*  I have never punched a gargoyle before.  And if we don't hurry, they're going to get away again. 

[Mickey Waller] She looks at Amy, mouthing 'What do we do?' since all the fighting seems to be in a place they can't see. Her face is pinched, frowning. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She moves closer to Mickey, voice low  "Can you shoot?" 

[Black Dynamite] After a moment, the RV shifts, and then, a figure steps out, and the RV suddenly springs back to its normal height. The person stepping out is four hundred fifty pounds if he's an ounce, all muscle. His facial features are ugly, malformed, as though they were being sculpted by someone who got bored halfway through the process and walked away, and his clothes are ratty and torn, a faded t-shirt and jeans held on by a rope. His head is shaved, and dark eyes wander over the cemetery. After a moment, they fix on the little knot of Garou and Kin, and the massive figure starts lumbering in that direction. 

[Mickey Waller] A small grimace. "... not really. I know how to hold it, but can't guarantee actual shooting accuracy. I'm... more break a bottle and sta- holy shit."

Her eyes get wide at the massive man. "Uh... guys..." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Fuck.  Okay.  You just stay the fuck back, okay?  Seriously."

She is, on balance, far too happy about the large man coming toward them. 

[Adara Mires] She watch the man "Ok, that will suck."She look at Sar and Ki "Tae care of the gargoyle, Amy and Mickey can watch over the woman and old man, I'll handly the thing coming over" 

[Adara Mires] (I'll handle..) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "We're gonna fight smart, Ki.  Fighting smart gets you not dead.  And that means we find out what's going on that is making the two guys be protected from my vi--"

And then she hears 'Uh...guys...' and she shakes off the Umbral Vision.  There's a giant lumbering version of Leatherface without the chainsaw coming at them.  "THAT is why we don't just leap across."  Her giant hand-cannon Harry is pulled out and handed to Amy.  "Your favorite lover, sister dear?" 

[Kieran Mondblume] Least in there we could shift.  *He looks back to the man, then.  And he cracks his knuckles.* 

[Black Dynamite] The old man and the young woman step into the mausoleum together, the young woman treating the greasy old man with the utmost respect. Meanwhile, the lumbering man breaks into a run. As he starts to approach, it's easy to see there's something subtly...Wrong with his anatomy, like a Rob Liefield drawing come to life, muscles on top of muscles in ways that the human body just doesn't do. Even his run isn't particularly quick, but he moves like a freight train, building up speed as he pumps legs that look like little tree trunks. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She holds her hand out for the gun, fingers skipping over it lovingly.   "Oh, Harry.  It's been too long, darling."

Almost vibrating from excitement, she looks between everyone and then to the man. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[I <b>KNEW</b> Rob Liefeld was an agent of the Wyrm!]] 

[Black Dynamite] ((it's the only thing that makes sense!)) 

[Mickey Waller] She's not very useful here, so she does drop back a bit, making sure to a) keep an eye on the man and the woman and b) keep an eye to see if anyone else is around.

"Should... should I follow the chick and the old guy...?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "No!  Stay put" 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[I am correct in understanding, before combat begins, that there are no one around this cemetary at this particular moment, but for our ragtag band of heroes, Cable 2.0 and the man and woman?]] 

[Black Dynamite] ((you are correct in that understanding as far as anyone can tell)) 

[Adara Mires] She watches the man, slowly reaching back to curl her fingers around the handle of the berettaCarter had given her. Until it would be safe to shift, she will rely on the gun, much safer this way. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [For those of you that are new to his own special kind of sadism, that means that it's a trap.] 

[Mickey Waller] "Okay, okay!"

She is staying put. And being lookout, trying to see if there is anyone else around. She does NOT want to get pulled into the police station in regards to being involved in a murder. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He is clearly getting into a boxing position, even being smaller than the charging bull.  If anything, he looks excited.  He should be afraid.  He really, really should be.* 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Who said we can't shift here?  Sister of the departed is fucked up, and didn't that guy just come out of the RV that Sloth here did?  Let's do this."  She grins a little bit, and crouches down to the ground, rippling up into Glabro.  Just in case, she still at least looks SOMEWHAT human.  And she starts to run toward it. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She's on Sarita's heels immediately, charging forward. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He starts moving around the other side, then, mirroring Sarita, but it doesn't seem he's shifting yet.  He looks MORE excited.  He starts bouncing.* 

[Adara Mires] She fröwn "Because I have a bad feeling about it? "She head ofr the guy, keeping her gun hidden still 

[Mickey Waller] Amy told her to stay put- she is staying put. And keeping lookout, watching where the chick and the old man, while also making sure the groundskeeper and priest and anyone else isn't randomly showing up or something. 

[Black Dynamite] ((and, time for a hopefully short combat. initiative time)) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+6]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 7

[Black Dynamite] ((+3)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2 (Failure at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Sorry, +7, I'm in Glabro]] 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [+6] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 6

[Mickey Waller] [[just in case... +6]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 1 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((the giant is slugging Sarita in the face)) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Aww, Mickey.  *PatPat*]] 

[Adara Mires] (+6) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 4 (Failure at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic] (Okay so it's Ki, Amy, Adara, Sarita, Mickey, Brick wall.)1 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1: Dodge slug in the face
R1: Kick Sloth squaw in the nuts]] 

[Mickey Waller] [[Seeing the hell is in the van! So inching closer, looking.]] 

[Amunet  Knezevic] 1. Punch to the side of the head. 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((1: Slug Brick Wall in the throat.
R1: Holding action.)) 

[Adara Mires] (Adara will take the gun out and aim so not to shoot everyone slugging big guy
1R shoot) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[The kinfolk is punching, the Galliard is shooting and the two Ragabashes are leading the charge.

...this is why we can't have nice things!]] 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((No, this is why we can have MORE nice things.  For awesomeness.  Has everyone declared?  Shall I roll?)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((roll 'em! kieran, Amy Adara, Sarita, go for it)) 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [*Sacrifices rabbits*  Roll away!] 

[Adara Mires] (well I"m aiming for now..so no roll till rage action..aiming add dices or lower diff...I"m not sure) 

[Kieran Mondblume] Punch ((Called shot)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 3, 3, 4, 4, 6 (Success x 1 at target 8) [WP]

[Kieran Mondblume] Damage 
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 4, 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic]  
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 5, 7, 8, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic] [Damage] 
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 2, 3, 4, 6 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Dodging like a Mofo!]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak for Kieran, no the number of dice isn't a typo)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak for Amy)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 5, 5, 8, 8, 9 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((punching at Sarita)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 1, 1, 3, 9 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((go ahead with Rage actions)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Gonna use it for another punch, then.  Stubborn as hell Raggie.)) 

[Kieran Mondblume]  
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 7, 8, 10, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (so aiming add dice or lower diff? before i roll?) 

[Kieran Mondblume] Damage 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 1, 5, 5, 8 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((add a die)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ohforf...)) 

[Mickey Waller] "Oh shit, oh shit." It's a soft breath, and she starts jogging to the SUV, skirting the fighting that's going on. She's trying to see if it's on inside, because if it is, it could be uploading to the internet and oh shit. 

[Adara Mires] (thanks and shooting) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 3, 4, 6, 6, 7, 7 (Success x 5 at target 6) [WP]

[Adara Mires] (damage..gun 5 + 4) 
Dice Rolled:[ 9 d10 ] 1, 1, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7 (Failure at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (oooook) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Field Goal!]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 1, 1, 4, 6 (Botch x 3 at target 7)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[WHAT THE FUCK]] 

[Mickey Waller] [[.... dude, seriously?]] 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Can she get a do-over for that one?)) 

[Black Dynamite] The giant has shrugged off -everything-. The punches, even the gunshot. Adara's shot is perfectly aimed, but hits...Nothing vital. It kicks up sparks as it strikes something just under the skin. Sarita goes to kick...And promptly overbalances herself, or perhaps she stepped on something slick, or...Something. Whatever the case, the Strider goes down in a hugely undignified heap, her ankle twisting. Mickey starts moving for the RV...((initiative again)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((+3)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[+6]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3 (Failure at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+7]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 5

[Adara Mires] (+6) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic] [+6] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2

[Black Dynamite] ((from lowest to highest - Amy, Mickey, Giant, Sarita(since her initiative number is higher), Adara, Kieran, please declare)) 

[Amunet  Knezevic] 1. punch 

[Mickey Waller] [[Continue to the RV. Hood pulled low to help obscure her face]] 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((1: Running after Mickey - like HELL he's letting her go to the RV by herself.
If he's close enough, he'll be blocking, but I think she's a distance away now and I can't get there in one round?)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((the giant is going to clinch Sarita)) 

[Adara Mires] (1a shoot
1r shoot) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1: Dodge clinch!
R1: sweep the leg, Cobra Kai!]] 

[Black Dynamite] ((and, go ahead and roll Adara, since Kieran is running)) 

[Adara Mires] (shooting) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 4, 7, 8, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6) [WP]

[Adara Mires] (damage gun 5 + 3) 
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 1, 1, 4, 6, 6, 6, 7, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 2, 4, 5, 6, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((rolling the clinch for Sarita to dodge)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 9 d10 ] 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 8, 9 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((no need to roll the dodge, Amy can roll)) Mickey is close to the door to the RV. She can just see inside, the camera, but the rest of the interior is dark. But the camera...It's close... 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Nothing to dodge, not rolling less ya really want me to.  I refuse to risk Kahseeno's wrath.]] 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [rabbits, kahseeno.  I give you rabbits.] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 7, 7 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic]  
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 6, 9, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite]  
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 4, 7, 9, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((go ahead with Rage actions)) 

[Adara Mires] (shooting again) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 3, 3, 5, 5 (Failure at target 6)

[Administrator] <b>o.o, welcome to General Chicago (Day)</b> 

[Mickey Waller] Her head ducked, she checks to see if the camera is on. And if it is on, what it's connected to. [[can roll per + alert if needed]] 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[You're the best!  Around!  Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!  ...ahem.  Yeah.  Sweeping the leg]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 9, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 7) [WP]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage +2 for succ]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 2, 2, 2, 4, 5, 8, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] The camera is definitely on, and the wires trail off into the darkened interior of the RV. Mickey hears something inside. Something slithering... 

[Black Dynamite] ((soak)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 4, 4, 7, 7, 8, 9 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Is Ki close enough to hear as well?)) 

[Black Dynamite] Adara's shot is true, and strikes flesh, or...Something. It strikes home with a strange, dull thud, and black fluid pours out from the wound. Amy punches, Sarita kicks...It's like hitting a brick wall. The clumsy giant ALMOST scoops up Sarita, but stumbles and misses. ((Kieran can't hear it just yet, he's a little further behind Mickey. Also, initiative time again)) 

[Mickey Waller] This is a trap. It is totally a trap. There is something not good in there but the camera so has to be turned off, to protect her friends. Hands disappear into hoodie sleeves (no fingerprints!). Inching closer, she half pokes her head in, hand raised to possibly inch towards the camera. 

[Black Dynamite] ((+3)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[+6 still]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 6

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+7]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 6

[Adara Mires] (+6) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic] [+6] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10

[Black Dynamite] ((mysterious other party +5!)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[ This is where I would put a picture of Admiral Ackbar going IT'S A TRAP]] 

[Black Dynamite] ((okay, so last to first - Kieran, Gigantor, Mickey, Sarita, Mysterious Third Party, Adara and Amy go at the same time, go ahead and declare)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((1: Blocking/defending Mickey)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((Gigantor is punching Amy in the face)) 

[Mickey Waller] [[Looking in the RV/ Reaching towards the camera to turn it off.]] 

[Adara Mires] ((1A shoot) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Fuck it.  Rageshift to Hispo.  She's through with playing around.  Oh, and
1: Bite gigantor]] 

[Black Dynamite] ((okay. I'll resolve mysterious third party in a moment. Adara and Amy, declare and roll)) 

[Administrator] <b>o.o has left General Chicago</b> 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [1. Shoot that fucker] 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She kisses Harry on the top of the slide, then fires. 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic] [damage] 
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak Amy)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 7, 7, 7, 9, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (shoot) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 4, 4, 4, 7, 9 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (damage 5 + 1) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 6, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite]  
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((mysterious third party)) Mickey feels it suddenly. A pressure on her ankle. She has just enough time to register that something slimy and glistening is wrapped around her ankle, before she's yanked off her feet and fully into the dark RV. Kieran lunges forward, just in time to see Mickey being dragged up the stairs. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bitey The Strider Bites]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 (Success x 4 at target 5)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 10 d10 ] 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 8, 8, 9 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak, let's see a bad roll here for once)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 3, 5, 6, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((gigantor smash)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 5, 5, 7 (Failure at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((And no time for action or to grab Mickey?)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((gigantor no smash. Kieran can change his action if you'd like. yes he can roll to grab Mickey, go ahead and do Dex + Athletics, dif. 7 for a diving grab, and then any Rage actions, and failing that, roll initiative)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Perfect Balance considered in this?)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((knock it down to diff. 6 then)) 

[Kieran Mondblume]  
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 3, 3, 4, 7, 8, 8 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] Kieran LUNGES forward, grabbing Mickey's hand just before she's fully pulled into the darkness. The Kin can feel the pressure on her ankle increase, as whatever has her continues trying to pull her into the shadowed interior of the RV, but for the moment, Kieran has her. ((okay, initiative time again)) 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [+6] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10

[Adara Mires] (+6) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 5 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((+3)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 1 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[+6]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9

[Amunet  Knezevic] [Kahseeno is apparently done fucking around.] 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+8]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2

[Kieran Mondblume] ((By saying that you've just cursed us all!)) 

[Black Dynamite] Mysterious third party 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 1 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] The giant continues to shrug off the gunshots, with sparks kicking up with every shot. Sarita gets a great grip, but all she gets for her trouble is a mouthful of vile-tasting black fluid and human skin that sloughs off, revealing a hideous, knobby carapace underneath. ((Gigantor is going last and trying to clinch Amy now. Mysterious third party is trying to drag Mickey into the RV all the way. Then Sarita, Adara, Mickey, then Amy, then Kieran. Declare and roll, please)) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1: Bite
1a: Bite]] 

[Adara Mires] (Adara will shoot again) 

[Mickey Waller] [[Kick like crazy- to get free and maybe knock over the camera]] 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [1. Palm of hand to nose, driving up] 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ki is yelling for help, first of all.  
He will be holding onto Mickey for now.  Held action.)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((roll 'em)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] HEY!  COULD USE SOME HELP!  ((Str+Brawl?)) 

[Black Dynamite] ((just plain Strength actually to hold her back)) 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [lobotomy!] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 (Success x 3 at target 7) [WP]

[Kieran Mondblume]  
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 6, 7 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [kick like a mofo. wp] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 5, 5, 7, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6) [WP]

[Amunet  Knezevic] [damage. come on, Kahseeno.  Mama's got a tasty bunny for you] 
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 5, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic] [oops] 
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 4, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((bad soak roll time, just watch)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 4, 4, 4, 5, 10, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (shoot) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 4, 4, 8, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6) [WP]

[Black Dynamite] ((gigantor takes three damage. Mickey can roll damage for the kick)) 

[Adara Mires] (damage 5 +1) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 3, 5, 5, 9, 9 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak Adara)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 5, 6, 6, 8, 9, 10 (Success x 5 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[damage 2 + 3]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((just going to do tentacle's strength check now)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 9, 9, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +1]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 3, 4, 7, 7, 8 (Success x 2 at target 5)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((bad soak roll come on baby!)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 6, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Administrator] <b>Breeze, welcome to General Chicago (Day)</b> 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +2]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 (Success x 1 at target 5) [WP]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[DAMAGE JESUS COME ON]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 7 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((grapple time)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((damage)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 3, 5, 8, 8, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic] [soak] 
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 3, 6, 7 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((go ahead with Rage actions if there are any, if not just do initiative)) This round goes a little better. Amy's punch is accurate, slamming into the monster's nose, but Sarita's bites and Adara's shots do nothing except scrape up its hideous black carapace. The beast grabs Amy, squeezing her tightly. She can feel the air driven from her lungs as it starts to crush her. Meanwhile, Mickey kicks at the tentacle but can't manage to connect hard enough. Her wild flailing DOES tip the camera over, and it tips over to the ground. That's small comfort, though. She feels a tearing pain in her ankle, and despite Kieran's best efforts, she's being slowly, inexorably pulled into the RV... 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Init +8]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3

[Adara Mires] (init + 6) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3

[Mickey Waller] [[ Init +6]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9

[Amunet  Knezevic] [+6] 
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 5

[Black Dynamite] ((first number is tentacle +5, second is giant +3)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 1, 2 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Administrator] <b>cricket, welcome to General Chicago (Day)</b> 

[Black Dynamite] ((giant is crushing Amy. tentacle is pulling Mickey again, then Kieran, then Amy, then Sarita, then Adara, then Mickey, declare and roll)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Spending one rage to insta-shift to Hispo.
1.  Bite tentacle)) 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [str to break free] 
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 6, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1a: Bite
1b: Bite]] 

[Black Dynamite] ((resist breaking clinch)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 9 d10 ] 1, 1, 2, 5, 5, 6, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet  Knezevic]  
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 2, 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((hold up, rewind that break clinch for a sec, Adara can go first)) 

[Adara Mires] (shoot once more) 

[Adara Mires] (shoot) 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 3, 3, 5, 7, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (damage gun 5 + 1) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 1, 5, 5, 8, 9 (Failure at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [kicking to get away WP] 
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 2, 2, 10, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6) [WP]

[Mickey Waller] [damage 2 + 2] 
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 2, 3, 5, 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((BITE)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 2, 4, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9 (Success x 6 at target 5)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Damage)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 11 d10 ] 3, 3, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 10 (Success x 7 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +1]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 10 (Failure at target 5)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +2]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 4, 8, 9, 10, 10 (Success x 5 at target 5) [WP]

[Black Dynamite] ((WHOA)) The tentacle is severed neatly, filling Kieran's mouth with a coppery-tasting fluid. The severed end flops wildly for a moment, wrapped around Mickey's ankle. She feels a sudden, sharp pain, then an equally sudden numbness. A numbness that seems to be slowly creeping up her leg... 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage]] 
Dice Rolled:[ 11 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 8, 8, 8, 8 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((please bad roll, soak bite)) 
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] Sarita lunges with another bite...And she must hit a weak spot. Just as Amy slips free of the giant's grasp, the Strider's massive Hispo jaws clamp down on the giant's thigh...And sever the leg neatly. The misshapen thing looks down for an instant, almost comically, then tumbles forward, towards Amy, the vile black fluid that passes for its lifeblood pumping onto the cemetery earth. 

[Black Dynamite] ((yay! combat is done, you can resume normal narrative posting for now)) 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Aaand with those rolls I'm out; Ange is NPC'ing Sarita for the remainder of the combat if there is any more.  Later yo.]] 

[Administrator] <b>Sarita Ecos de la Risa has left General Chicago</b> 

[Mickey Waller] "No! Nononono..." She scrambles back, regretting she doesn't have a belt to do a tourniquet, somehow more terrified then before, leg shaking  to get that damn tentacle off "Numb. S'going numb!"

The camera, what it might be attached to, is forgetting for a moment in her terror. Bad things she expected, not tentacles in RV's. Bonus points for the lady still being off with the old man somewhere. 

[Kieran Mondblume] HELP! *he barks back to the others, finally annoyed, claws working to get the tentacle from around Mickey's leg.* 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She skitters back, attention torn from the fomor creature by Mickey's shrieking.  GodDAMNIT didn't she tell her to stay put? 

[Adara Mires] She watch the thing die "What the fuck was that? And where's Mickey?"

She hear the kin's voice and Ki.'s yell and she run to them 

[Kieran Mondblume] CAMERA! *he roars in wolfspeak, trying to work with the damned thing.  He is clearly quite angry.* 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Breaking into a run, she moves to help Ki with the tentacle, fingers curling around and edge to pull. 

[Adara Mires] She shoot the camera (need a roll?) as she ask Mickey "You can patch people up right? Guide us patching you up" 

[Mickey Waller] "No, no!" A gasp, a hand grabbing Amy, fingers digging into her arm. "The laptop! Uploading!"

The camera was uploading to the internet, it might be, that,. that's more important then her. Even as a new kin, she knows that much. 

[Black Dynamite] The tentacle is still wrapped around Mickey's leg tightly, but Kieran, with Amy's help, manages to pry and cut it off of her. Sharp, needle-like teeth are embedded in Mickey's ankle in a perfect circle. Kieran and Amy can now see that the inside of the tentacle is ringed with sucker-like mouths, each one containing one of those awful teeth. There is definitely something inside the RV with Kieran and Mickey and now, Amy. A low moan comes from the far end of the RV, a high-pitched woman's voice. 

[Black Dynamite] ((no need to roll right now)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] *Ki will be shifting up to Crinos, then, and hopefully, with some help, pushing the van over.* 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Wolfspeak she doesnt' understand.  Panicked kin though, that makes sense.   Mickey is abandoned to Ki's help as she grabs the wires from camera to laptop and gives them a good yank. 

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Erk.  Sorry... didn't realize we were in the van.)) 

[Kieran Mondblume] *Once the damned thing is free from Mickey's leg, he pushes it to the side, and he stalks up on the woman's voice.  His teeth bared.* 

[Mickey Waller] "Make sure-" a gasp, in pain, from the bite and from the numbness. "Make sure it's not uploading to the internet! Uh uh..."

She looks to Adara, panicked, barely able to keep calm, keep her voice low. "It's... it's a paralytic, I don't know, l-like a snake bite? Tourniquet, maybe, I don't know!" 

[Adara Mires] Once the camera is shot she move closer to the entrance of the van, looking at Mickey's legs as Ki heads deeper inside and Amy yank othe cords. She let her jacket drop, rip her blouse off and tie it around Mickey's legs tightly above the wound.

Then she put her jacket back on 

[Black Dynamite] The wires don't come out cleanly, but the laptop is pulled off of the table and falls to the floor with a...Squish? Come to think of it, the inside floor has an...Odd texture. As Kieran approaches the rear of the van, he sees the source of the noise. It's a woman, alright - he can see from her face and upper torso that she's an old woman, probably in her late seventies. That's all that remains of her as a human, though. From the waist down she's literally fused to the wall of the RV, her lower body nothing more than black-red flesh that looks like a massive tumor attaching her there. Growths of that black-red flesh extend from the main tumor-body throughout the RV, along the ceiling, the walls. The tentacle from outside is curled tightly to her body, pulsing a thin greenish fluid. Other tentacles are extruding themselves from the main tumor-mass, tipped with snapping jaws, bony spears. The woman, or what's left with her, stares blindly, moaning in pain, horror. 

[Black Dynamite] The numbness is definitely creeping higher. Mickey's entire leg is numb, now. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Squish.  Squish is bad. 

"We need to get the fuck out of here."   

She backs up as quickly as possible, grabbing Mickey to drag her along. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He backs out, then, and he looks back to the group.*  GET HER KRISTEN.  WILL HEAL HER.  NOW.  MUST DESTROY THIS. 

[Kieran Mondblume] *His head swivels to Adara, then.*  USE GUN, SHOOT IN HEAD. 

[Mickey Waller] There is a whimper from the Glass Walker kin, her eyes getting wet. "It'd getting higher... whole leg, f-fuck, the laptop!"

Even as she's being pulled out, fingers try to snag the laptop, she needs to know if it uploaded! 

[Administrator] <b>cricket has switched to In Character Room (Night)</b> 

[Adara Mires] She wait for Amy to get Mickey out and look at Ki " Stay with them, call Kristn "I'm going in to end this thing" Onceagain...tentacles with suckers and theets...well one giant thing with those killed her once. She mgiht as well have her revenge against one tonight

She gets ready to enter the van once everybody is out 

[Mickey Waller] She jabs a button on the laptop- DEAR God no please, no, no transfer please. She drags it with her, intending on wiping the hard drive. Fingers shake as she tries to do it fast, ignoring that numbness. 

[Adara Mires] She take her gun out and aim for the head, trying it this way before getting inside and ripping everythign off.She aim, and shoot 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He shifts back down to homid, his clothing torn.  His GOOD clothing, no less.  He sighs, and he shakes his head.*  We'll take it back with us.  The walkers can edit it.  Anyone have a cell to call Kristen?  We need her to heal. 

[Administrator] <b>Breeze has left General Chicago</b> 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "What the FUCK part of fucking stay the fuck still did you not fucking understand?"   She's clearly irritated, tossing her cell at Ki. 

[Black Dynamite] Mickey tells her hand to move - but brain impulse does not translate into movement from the hand on the side where she was grabbed. All she gets is a faint sense of tingling, pins and needles in her arms. Adara's gun seems very, very loud in the confines of the RV - but the back of the woman's head blows off. Even as the light in her eyes goes out, she seems...Almost peaceful. Glad to have this monstrous life ended. The torso slumps forward. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Fuck.

She looks over her shoulder, then takes off at a run toward the building. 

[Mickey Waller] "I stopped it," she says to Ki, voice shaking. "It was uploading, but I stopped the transfer. Gotta wipe the hard drive."

Large eyes look to Amy, her face so pale. "You said stay back, I know you said it, but I saw the camera, I saw the camera and it was pointed at you and it was uploading to the internet and I had to protect you, and I stopped it." There is a hitch of breath, and she starts to cry, but her voice is very quiet. "I can't feel my hand..." 

[Mickey Waller] She spooks when Amy runs off, before she somehow gets paler. "Ki... Ki, the woman and the man. The other woman!" 

[Adara Mires] She watches the van, looking if anything is moving, if not then grabbed the laptop if no one has yet. 

She look at Mickey " You'll be fine, neuro toxin, paralyses you, make you numb so you don't scream and wiggle while it eats you. You'll be ok...jsut very numb"  She hope she was telling the truth.

Amy is runnign toward the building and look at KI and Sar " Watch over mickey, talk to Kristen" 

She run after Amy 

[Kieran Mondblume] *He picks Mickey up, then, at that.*  We're gonna get you healed.  You did good, kid.  *He grins.*  I can feel your hand, so you're fine.  I am ALWAYS right.  FUCK, Kristen PICK the FUCK UP.  We need to get you healed.  Sarita and Amy will get the other woman.  I'll drop you off at the Broho, and I'll be back and a flash.  I am THAT awesome. 

[Mickey Waller] Adara has the laptop- she hadn't finished yet! But Ki is picking her up and she's scared and numb, huddling against him. "Okay. Okay. Should.... should I call the guy who's protection I'm under? It's all pin's and needles Ki..." 

[Black Dynamite] The numbness continues spreading. First, Mickey finds she can't move that side of her mouth, muscles going slack. Then, it starts to work down the other side of her body, going faster as the toxin reaches her heart and is pumped to the rest of her body with each traitorous beat of her heart. In a matter of minutes, she's -completely- paralyzed. Trapped in her own body, she can see, hear...She can feel the pounding of her terrified heart, and she can draw breath, but none of her other voluntary muscles seem to want to respond. 

[Kieran Mondblume] Yeah, we'll call him too.  Who is it?  *He's moving.  In shreds of clothing, with Mickey.  He's pocketed the cell.* 

[Black Dynamite] Amy enters the mausoleum and something becomes clear - something's definitely wrong. The old man is here - but he's face down in a sticky crimson pool, his oxygen tank tipped over. Second, one of the caskets is open. DEFINITELY open..And empty. 

[Mickey Waller] There is no response from her. Not one. Her eyes are maybe a little wide, there are tears running down her face, but there is no response from her. The terror is in her gaze though, this horrible feeling of being trapped, of wondering if she'll turn into a monster like that woman... and no way to express it. She's still breathing, but for now long? 

[Kieran Mondblume] Awh hell, *he says with a groan.*  You're all possum now.  Don't worry, don't be scared.  *He's moving towards the 
Broho.* 

[Adara Mires] Sh run after Amy and enter the musoeum as well. She scan the room, and look for the dead man and his sister...or ways they could have gotten out 

[Kieran Mondblume] *Ohright.  He has no pockets.  It'll go in Mickey's pocket.* 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Oh good.  Reanimated fucking dead people.  Check him for a pulse."

She gestures toward the old man and heads down the hall.  If Adara is going to act like a kin, Amy is content to treat her like a kin. 

[Black Dynamite] The mausoleum is empty aside from the old man's body. There's no sign of any life, no footprints in the dust, nothing. 

[Mickey Waller] She is simply limp in Ki's arms. There is little else she can do for that. 

[Adara Mires] She raised a brow at that and kneeled to check the man's pulse. She augment her sneses, using her tribes' gift so she could pick the scent of the woman. She wipe the old man's neck with her jacket to take off her prints 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Fuck.  Hijo de una madre maldita puta perra"

She runs her fingers in her hair, then backtracks and moves out of the mausoleum, stepping over/around Adara and the old man if necessary to go back outside. 

[Black Dynamite] When Adara flips the old man over to check his pulse, it becomes pretty much instantly clear that it's rather pointless to do so. He's been opened from groin to breastbone, and his torso is empty, hollowed out. There's no sign of the internal organs. His ancient, lined face is locked in its last expression, one of terror. 

[Adara Mires] She doesn't make a face, instead she smell around, trying ot find the woman's scent, maybe a breeze that indicate a secret passage..she had seen indina jones after all. Maybe they left some other way. She stayed there to investigate, letting Amy get out. 

[Administrator] <b>Kieran Mondblume has left General Chicago</b> 

[Black Dynamite] The scent of the woman is hard to pick out among all the scents of death and decay. There might be something floral, perhaps perfume, but perhaps flowers left behind by a mourning family. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She heads out to find her sister, and therefore her sister's lighter.   A quick prayer is offered up that there's an emergency gas can with SOMETHING in it somewhere in the RV. 

[Black Dynamite] Gaia is probably with Amy and her sister. There's a gas can inside, and there is, indeed, fuel. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] As Amy proceeds to douse the RV, Sarita runs back to drag Big Ugly back. 

[Adara Mires] She inspect everything, using her better eyesight, her ears, her nose, anything that could help find something inside. If nothing comes up, she will head out, have a look around, maybe pick up the scent. 

[Black Dynamite] Adara quickly realizes that the scents of a cemetery with her senses heightened are incredibly repulsive. The acrid chemical tang of embalming fluid mixes with rotting flesh and vegetation, and the smells of blood from the recent battles...It's all very, very confusing, moreso when Amy and Sarita torch the RV with the bodies inside. It's possible she catches a bit of the woman's perfume, leading out, the opposite direction from where the Garou were. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] RV soaked, she helps Sarita drag the body inside, then heads for the mausoleum again to gather the old man. 

[Adara Mires] She wasnauseated but she had to go on. She tried to follwo the scent of the perfume, because it won't be over until the twins are truly dead. 

[Black Dynamite] She tracks the scent down, through a chain link fence that has been torn down in parts. There's a bit of vegetation, some thick bushes - and then, road. She sees tire tracks, where a car peeled out, but the scent ends here. 

[Black Dynamite] The RV goes up in a blast of hot air and fire. It's not a quick process, but the bodies will burn. The scent of charred flesh and the stink of burning fiber and leather and other, unidentifiable chemical smells fill the air. 

[Adara Mires] She stands over the tracks with a frown. She'll have to get in touch with the Silver Fang kin, Sasha so she can investigate the tracks, tell them what type of car it is, maybe finding the owner so they could visit them

She head back toward the others " Any of you know Sasha, the CSI kin, or someone who knows her?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Where the fuck were you?"

She and Sarita are heading back for the van, Amy's mood impressively dark. 

[Mickey Waller] Mickey and Ki are gone... he seems to have taken the paralyzed kin somewhere. 

[Black Dynamite] ((that's pretty much all i had, folks. thanks for letting me run this :) feel free to migrate to whichever room, or stay here, or what have you)) 

[Adara Mires] She raised a brow " I was following the trail the woman left. Doing my job." 

[Mickey Waller] [[Thank you much~]] 

[Administrator] <b>Mickey Waller has left General Chicago</b> 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She snorts, getting into the van. 

[Adara Mires] She look at Amy then Sar " See you around" And walk away, calling Kristen to see if her boyfriend knew his tribeskin 

[Administrator] <b>Black Dynamite has left General Chicago</b>

Lunch with Sar

Posted: March 23, 2011 in Uncategorized
Tags:
[Amunet  Knezevic] She picked a bar.  Why a bar?  Two words.

Bar burgers.

She's settled at the bar proper having gotten there early, hair up in a ponytail, wearing a tank top and jeans like usual. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] The door pushes open, and inside she walks.  With the duster and the boots (and, Amunet is sure, the gun hidden on her), she might well look like an outlaw walking into an Old West saloon.  She gives a quick glance around, though her eyes do go to the bar first.  She smiles a little and then crosses the bar, sidling up to her sister.

"Funny meetin' you here like this."  She grins as she sits down, lighting up. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She laughs a little, shoulder bumping Sarita's when she sits. "Yeah.  I ordered for you." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Just as long as you didn't ask for extra Guatemalan insanity sauce or whatever that shit was in Austin.  Worst practical joke ever."  She smiles, the shoulder bump returned.  "How you doin', chica?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Best one ever, you mean."   She waves to the bartender for beers, nodding a little  "I'm doing good.   How's Kool and the gang?" 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Kickin' it."  She exhales a drag of smoke, resting her elbows against the bar.  "Things are pretty good.  How about you?  Vegas was fun?  I wanna hear all about it." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Vegas was fun"  She nods, playing with the end of her ponytail.   "We're probably going to go back when we've got more than a weekend.   Lots to see and shit." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] A little nod.  "Nice.  But seriously, you gotta give me more'n that.  Gimme details, bitch."  She gives Amy a grin. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She laughs again, head tilting with a devilish grin.

"Really?  You want details about what we did in Vegas, where we went just after getting mated?  Really?  Answer carefully." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Her nose wrinkles, even as her eyes glitter with amusement.  "Well, I'm not looking for in-depth tales of bedroom gymnastics, no.  I'm talking about ~outside~ the bed-breaking activities." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She grins, then gets quiet for a minute.   "He dropped three hundred bucks in one bet." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She blinks.  "Wait, HOW much?  Are you fuckin' kidding?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "I know, right?  I'm so fucking out of my league here" 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Or you hit the big-time."  It's said as a joke.  "You got a sugar daddy.  That's awesome."  She winks at Amy and bumps into her lightly.

A moment passes and she looks over.  "In all seriousness, so far so good?  He's not, like, bein' weird or anything, is he?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "He hasn't been weird at all.   No fucked up demands, no watching me like a hawk, nothing.   Everything is totally like it was before."

Which pretty obviously creeps her out. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "And this is a bad thing?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "No.  God, no.  I mean, it's like the total opposite of what I always thought it would be.   Part of me is just waiting for the other shoe to drop or something." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "That's 'cause you think that it should drop, maybe."  She smiles and shrugs.  "Don't freak yourself out, Ames.  Worrying because there's nothing to worry about isn't usually all that advisable, y'know?"

She takes her beer when it arrives, taking a drink.  "But he's good to you?  Everything's cool as far as that goes?"  She looks over, watching Amy at that. 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She leans into her again  "He's really good to me, Sar.  I swear." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Okay."  She wraps an arm around her sister's shoulders, squeezing.  "You know I'm still gonna look out for you, even if he's the one with the claim.  That shit don't break bonds of blood." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "I know."  She settles into the squeeze, head on Sarita's shoulder"  Poor fucker if he ever does anything to me.  He'll have you and 'Mano on his ass." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Damn skippy."  She grins a little, then nods.  "And okay, I'll bite.  Who's playin' the role of Brother Dearest in this little sketch comedy." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Hunter.  We got shit figured out after the Gathering.   He's going to stop being an asshole, and I'm going to stop trying to fuck up a perfectly good friendship." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Oh, cool."  She nods.  "Well, I'm glad.  He may not be my biggest fan on the planet, but I'm glad you two are cool." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "He doesn't like fucking anybody, including himself most days."   There's an affection to it though, and she's clearly at ease with him now. 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] A faint smile.  "Yeah...I kinda got that feeling from him." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Pain in my fucking ass"  She shakes her head and drinks her beer.   "Everything is fucking working out here, Sar.  You got a pack, I'm settling down.  Jesus fuck." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Yeah...big surprise, it's actually workin' out somehow."  A little nod and a brief smile.  "Who knew?" 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Not me, that's for fucking sure.   All that bullshit in Austin could'a been skipped if we just came here instead." 

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] "Timing woulda been off though.  You always gotta get that timing just perfect." 

[Amunet  Knezevic] "Yeah, I guess.   John only got here in February, so that wouldn't have happened.   Stefan is new here too.   Fuck me."   The burgers come, loaded with bacon and cheese and salt and enough cholesterol to kill a weaker person.

Buying a condo

Posted: March 23, 2011 in Uncategorized
Tags:

[Stefan Knezevic] It’s another chilly night in Chicago.  The mercury reads thirty-nine degrees, but in truth if feels closer to twenty-nine.  This is the chill that a Shadow Lord and his mate find themselves walking along the streets in.  Stefan’s sport bike is a couple blocks away…they could go racing down the street in some kind of crazy, adrenaline-boosting rush, but this is a more relaxed night.  Although the moon is strong in the sky and Stefan is just a bit on edge, he still good-natured and even-tempered.  This is the benefit to a low Rage, even if it does sing out to those around him.

He has his arm curled around Amy’s, resting vaguely slack between them as they move.  His hand isn’t holding hers though…it is wrapped around her wrist, holding it gently but firmly.  A casual observer might think they were holding hands, if they didn’t see the Strider’s fingers free.

“I will still miss the room service,” he says casually as they walk.  “That was rather divine.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She’s been oddly calm and chipper since her talk after the Gathering.   Like last night, she’s happy to be close to him and be the subject of a vague possessive nature.

“You make an excellent point, darling.   I suppose I should learn to cook then, shouldn’t I?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “Only if you desire to.  I am always a fan of take-out.”  He smiles a little, though the look is odd, a bit curious.

“You do not have to become a home-maker, dearest.  That is not who you are, and not who I require you to be.  You should not feel as if you need to change that for us to work.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She gives him a little smile, squeezing his arm with hers   “I was teasing.  I had to learn how to feed myself when mom got sick.   We won’t starve.  I think if I spent the rest of my life eating take out, I’d die.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He smiles and nods.  “Fair enough.  I simply do not want you to think that mated life means that you have to become someone different.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “No.  We were talking about that earlier.  About how nothing has really changed since we got mated.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “I am glad you were able to spend time with her.  I know that you are very close, and I would not wish to compromise that.”  A pause, and he grins.  “And not just because I do not wish to be run down by a garishly-painted Volkswagon Bus.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] That makes her laugh again.   “I’m glad that you understand the risks.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He grins and leans over to kiss her temple.  “So I must admit, I am curious.  How did Nathalie come into the picture with your new project?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She leans up a little to meet the kiss  “She contacted me and asked if there was anything that she could do to help”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “Ahh…that was good of her.”  He nods.  “I hope you do not mind that I volunteered myself to assist her.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “No.  Of course not.  I’d love you help.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “Good.”  He nods.  “I look forward to it.”

He gives a little sigh.  “Speaking of which.  I spoke with Adara over the phone finally.  I could not put that off forever.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Her back stiffens just a little  “How did that go?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He shrugs.  “Rather well, I thought.  By the time I was done with her, she was agreeing with me that your ambition and drive was a very good thing.  I told her that I had no intention of making you change your mind about her evacuation plan and that if she so desired to explain her reasoning, she was welcome to do so.  She said that she respects your opinions and that she will be fair and will be happy to work with you in regard to your alternative plan.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “Mmmm…. And do you have any idea when the pod people will be leaving her brain?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He laughs at that.  “It is simply that she is easy to twist around, I think.  It was actually vaguely frightening how easy I did it.  I was unable to sway her from the opinion that perhaps it was not the best way to express your opinions, but by the end she was quite pleasant about the whole thing.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She’s silent for a few seconds, finally nodding.  “No, she’s right.  It wasn’t the best way. I should have handled it better.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] [[Per+Emp I am so buying more Empathy when I can!]]

Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 3, 5, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6) [WP]

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] [Oh my god that’s the secret.]

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He frowns, just a moment.  It’s gone quick enough that it may have been imagined.  “Perhaps, but I do not think you said anything that you did not feel.  That is important and commendable.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “No, I meant all of it.  It was a stupid plan.  I’ll tell Lukas it’s a stupid plan.  But that doesn’t mean I couldn’t have gone about it better”   She gets quiet for a moment.  “I have to start thinking beyond myself.  I have to think about how what I do and say reflects on you guys.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He frowns.  The words certainly make sense…he just never imagined them coming from Amunet.  He gives a slight nod, looking around.

“What would you like to do tonight?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “We should celebrate.  It’s not every day I sign on a fancy assed condo.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He chuckles.  “We can celebrate.  How so?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “I don’t know.   Maybe something death defying?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “Mmmm…that would be enjoyable.”  He grins and leans in to kiss her neck.  “Are you suggesting aomething moreso than a breakneck motorcycle ride?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “What would be more death defying than that?”  Her head tilts away to offer her necK

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He chuckles against her neck and nips lightly before he pulls back.  “I am having difficulty imagining.  Did you have anything specific in mind?  Anything at all.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She’s quiet again, a sure sign that something is about to happen.

“That stuff in Vegas?  I think I should just quit.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] [[Yes, it’s coming again!  Per+Emp]]

Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 1, 1, 2, 10 (Failure at target 6)

 

[Stefan Knezevic] His head cocks to the side.  “Why is that?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “I just think it’s time to move on.  Time to grow up.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He frowns.  “Amunet…there is moving on, and there is becoming an entirely new person.  At this rate, you are moving toward the latter as opposed to the former.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “I just don’t think I need to run around coked up all the time.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “I did not say that you did.  But all of these changes all together…perhaps you do not even realize it, but it seems as if you are trying to remake yourself.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “People are responsible for me, Stefan.   You are responsible for me.  Hunter.  What I does reflects on you.  I could have really fucked things up for Sar with the way I was acting.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] His brow furrows.  “How is Hunter responsible for you?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Her teeth catch her bottom lip.  “When we talked… he said he still considers himself my Alpha.   Plus we’re friends.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He arches an eyebrow.  “Your Alpha?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “Mmhmm”   She nods, clearly comfortable with the idea.

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “What does that mean?”  His head cocks to the side.  “Are you a member of Defiance?  Considered part of the pack?  Doing things with them?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “I think as far as he’s concerned.   Eve and Joey want to rip my face off though.  You saw how she was looking at me.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “Then…you are not actually doing things with the pack.”  He frowns.  “He just has command over you.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She scowls  “It’s not like that.  Why are you making it sound like something negative?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “I am not trying to do so, Amunet.  I am just trying to understand what this means.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “He feels an obligation to me.  He wants to keep me safe.  That’s all.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “With all due respect to him and to you–and I mean no ill in this–that is my honor to fulfill, as opposed to his.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “Mate trumps best friend?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “In theory, yes.”  He nods.  He lets go of her wrist, bringing his hand up to rest on the back of her neck.  He brushes his thumb back and forth over her spine lightly.  “I know that you are friends.  I would not deprive you of that.  A mate who feels as if she owes allegiance to another is…loyalties become split.

“And I do not mean that a situation where that ever became tested would come into play,” he adds.  “I am not working against him, nor hopefully is he doing so against me.  I do not see a situation where such a thing would happen.  I simply…find this concerning.  Not the least of which for the reason that he likely knows that I would find this concerning.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She shivers, pressing back into his hand for a moment.   “Of course he’s not working against you”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “I know that he is not.  I just…”  He falls silent, shaking his head and then smiling a bit.

“I care about you.  I am, admittedly, a bit paranoid of Hunter, and perhaps still a bit jealous of him.  I apologize for that.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “He’s my friend, darling.  That’s all it is, and all I want.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He nods a bit.  “Of course.  Forgive me.”

A pause, and he smiles.  “Do not attempt to change these things so quickly, my dear.  If you try to alter so many habits in such a short time, you will lose track of who you were amidst all the changes. There is nothing wrong with being who you are.  Do not forget that.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “I don’t want to fight with you”   Her head rests on his shoulder for a moment.  “I’m sorry”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “It is all right.”  He smiles.  “So, then.  The plan?”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “I want to go for a ride.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He smiles and nods, his hand slipping back down to take her wrist.  “Then riding we go.  Come.”  He leads her along, off toward the bike.

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She’s comfortable with his hold on her wrist, and the way that his thumb presses into her pulse.  The night has taken on more of a somber tone than she’d expected though, and she reaches across herself to brush the fingers of her free hand across the back of his hand on her.

“When will we get the keys?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “I believe that they said they just needed for some financials to clear.  By Friday, we should be able to move in.”

He says it calmly; the argument they just had has slipped off his back like water off a duck.  “I will admit, I am glad we found a place with a sauna.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “So am I.   I never knew how much I liked them before.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He grins at that.  “I could not do without them.  Not only are they incredibly relaxing, they are good for the health and I find meditation more effective inside them.  It has to do with the cleansing water, I believe.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “You’re not going to try to get me to meditate now, are you?”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “Not unless you desire to.”  He smiles, and turns the corner.  The bike is in view now.

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] “I have no desire to sit quietly with my thoughts.”   She smiles when she sees the bike, walking a little faster.

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He grins when he feels her walking faster.  “Eager, aren’t you?”  He picks up the pace to get them to the bike, slipping onto it.

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She laughs, nudging into him.   “I can’t help it.   You shouldn’t complain.  The bike is what got me in the first place.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] “I’m not complaining, my dear.”  He leans back, head tilting over his shoulder to nip her jaw.  “I actually find it quite wonderful.”  He starts the bike and revs it, waiting until she’s holding on tight ti speed right out into traffic.  A car has to screech to a stop, horn blaring as he pulls into the street and speeds along.

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Her arms wrap across his chest, hers pressed tight to his back.  Chin on his shoulder, he can feel her breath on his neck at stoplights, when he deigns to stop.

 

[Stefan Knezevic] She can feel his body tense with every move, his instincts taking control as he lets them guide him on the bike.  He stops more often than not–no need for them to risk the police, which is a kind of risk that is neither life and death nor freeing.  We weaves in and out of traffic, the wind rushing against them from cars zooming by.  The whole experience makes him feel exultant, and she can practically feel the pyrr rumbling in his chest.

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] Her chin lifts at one of the stops, lips brushing his ear as she speaks just barely loud enough to be heard over the engine and traffic.

“I can’t wait to get you back to the hotel.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He pulls up to a stoplight at his earliest opportunity and leans back to murmur to her.

“We could always go back to the condominium.  Give it an early christening.”

 

[Amunet  Knezevic] She responds with a low, throaty sound and a half nod.   “I think I love that idea.”

 

[Stefan Knezevic] He grins and guns the engine as he turns, just enough to them to do a 180.  He skids into the street, cutting off another car, and races back toward the condos.